British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

2022 FIM Long Track

STARTING LIST FIM Long Track World Championship – Challenge 13th July 2022 – Marmande (FRA)

1 Jacob Bukhave DMU Denmark

2 Stephan Katt DMSB Germany

3 Mathias Trésarrieu FFM France

4 Martin Malek ACCR Czech Republic

5 Jörg Tebbe DMSB Germany

6 Hynek Stichauer ACCR Czech Republic

7 Paul Cooper ACU Great Britain

8 Josef Franc ACCR Czech Republic

9 Chad Wirtzfeld ACU Great Britain

10 Romano Hummel KNMV The Netherlands

11 Christian Hülshorst DMSB Germany

12 Charley Powell ACU Great Britain

13 Mathieu Trésarrieu FFM France

14 Mika Meijer KNMV The Netherlands

15 Andrew Appleton ACU Great Britain

16 Thomas Valladon FFM France

17 Jérôme Lespinasse FFM France

FIM Long Track World Championship 03rd July 2022 – Mühldorf (GER)

1 111 Martin Malek ACCR Czech Republic

2 86 Hynek Stichauer ACCR Czech Republic

3 37 Chris Harris ACU Great Britain

4 63 Dave Meijerink KNMV The Netherlands

5 58 Stanislaw Burza PZM Poland

6 56 Mathieu Trésarrieu FFM France

7 666 Romano Hummel KNMV The Netherlands

8 79 Jacob Bukhave DMU Denmark

9 109 Zach Wajtknecht ACU Great Britain

10 444 Josef Franc ACCR Czech Republic

11 15 Stephan Katt DMSB Germany

12 125 Lukas Fienhage DMSB Germany

13 333 Kenneth Kruse Hansen DMU Denmark

14 115 Theo Pjiper KNMV The Netherlands

15 93 James Shanes ACU Great Britain

16 16 Jörg Tebbe DMSB Germany

17 17 Fabian Wachs DMSB Germany

I fear for the future of the World long track Championship as year on year there are less riders wanting to take part. I remember in the past 8 rider races then 6 & now 5.

The Polish have a round on a speedway track but there seems little interest from any Polish riders to compete outside their homeland. The Germans are nowhere near as keen to watch after many great years with Muller, Maier, Lausch & Riss.

Tracks are closing for many reasons, I understand it's a massive undertaking to hold enough land for a 1000 metre circuit to host 2 meetings a season when it could be used or sold for development.

19 minutes ago, Technik said:

I fear for the future of the World long track Championship as year on year there are less riders wanting to take part. I remember in the past 8 rider races then 6 & now 5.

The Polish have a round on a speedway track but there seems little interest from any Polish riders to compete outside their homeland. The Germans are nowhere near as keen to watch after many great years with Muller, Maier, Lausch & Riss.

Tracks are closing for many reasons, I understand it's a massive undertaking to hold enough land for a 1000 metre circuit to host 2 meetings a season when it could be used or sold for development.

6 months ago I would have said LT will die before ice racing. Now I'm not that sure anymore.

LT is a discipline where an intermediate speedway rider can buy success through equipment and with that some dont bother. Increasing cost of travel, smaller prize money, less crowd... You do the math.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, f-s-p said:

Increasing cost of travel, smaller prize money, less crowd... You do the math.

that is part of the problem. Another part is the high FIM approval fees. At the current stage, the clubs should be relieved. The officials could also be drawn from the respective event country.

The death knell could ring for the Ice Speedway World Championship next winter ...

34 minutes ago, secondbend said:

that is part of the problem. Another part is the high FIM approval fees. At the current stage, the clubs should be relieved. The officials could also be drawn from the respective event country.

The death knell could ring for the Ice Speedway World Championship next winter ...

Approval fees as on prize money? Someone suggested that with Disvovery money the prize should be reduced for the next five years, even sent it to a CCP member. I bet nothing came out of it.

If the prices were reduced, Armando Castagna and his friends would have to stay at home ... ;-) 

Discovery is SGP/SGP2 only but what about LT and Ice?

Just now, secondbend said:

If the prices were reduced, Armando Castagna and his friends would have to stay at home ... ;-) 

Discovery is SGP/SGP2 only but what about LT and Ice?

What prices and how much are they? 

Some time a go the organising fee towards FIM for a SGP was 22k. So what? It HAS TO cost something. So does the ambulance and doctor. Also I believe that money includes the ref and jury president, might even include their hotel bill (it used to in UEM meetings).

Reducing PRIZE money (paid by the organizer) that is directly paid from the organiser and is another 10k or several 10k in LTWC is the way to go...

The actual cost of hosting an Ice GP in the west on an artificial track in a stadium they presumably rent out, must be astronomical. Only a healthy sale of beer and grub can make it pay i would guess. But Berlin have been steadily bumping up the prices. Even charge now to watch the training i think, which used to be free

30 minutes ago, iris123 said:

The actual cost of hosting an Ice GP in the west on an artificial track in a stadium they presumably rent out, must be astronomical. Only a healthy sale of beer and grub can make it pay i would guess. But Berlin have been steadily bumping up the prices. Even charge now to watch the training i think, which used to be free

Unless the FIM reverses its position on participation of Russians it would be hard to sell a meeting where all the participants would be from countries other than Russia. Good for Hansi Weber though.

3 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Unless the FIM reverses its position on participation of Russians it would be hard to sell a meeting where all the participants would be from countries other than Russia. Good for Hansi Weber though.

Yes, a sport already struggling due to costs , climate change and lack of interest, then had Covid added on, and now with the Russia- Ukraine war to boot, it is going to be an extremely difficult winter for the sport  

• Like 1