British Speedway Forum
BartoszZmarzlikFan

Big Bad Wolfs 2022 (Wolves 2022)

6 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Yep. Came to blows a few times. And once in teamGB action at gdansk. Where rowes actions resulted in him being banned from representing teamGB for rest of the season 

I don’t mind seeing that in a rider though in all honesty. Ok he may have been in the wrong, but I love to see a rider with fire in his belly. That comes across in his racing as well, very determined. Kemp on the other hand for all his natural talent, can be a bit timid on track and seems to lack that killer determination. 

It may well come, but he was frustrating to watch at Foxhall this year where he often had speed and chances to pass, but any hint of a gap starting to close he’d immediately shut off and blow his chance. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Risky team being built by Wolves.

Wooden spoon me thinks. 

Did people not say that about Peterborough this season gone 

A couple of years back,, Drew was the best new thing since sliced bread down Suffolk way. He will end up being a far better rider than Rowe. Being away from Ipswich will do him the world of good. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Yep. Came to blows a few times. And once in teamGB action at gdansk. Where rowes actions resulted in him being banned from representing teamGB for rest of the season 

I think you should find out the true facts before listening and repeating rumours you have heard !! 

Edited by Dan123

Personally I think it looks like Wolves will struggle at reserve this season. But until more teams sign riders can't compare really!

Wolverhampton?

Sam Masters 8.34
Jacob Thorsell 7.33
Nick Morris 7.12
Luke Becker 6.95
Steve Worrall 5.94
Drew Kemp 3.28
Leon Flint RS
Total 38.96

32 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

A couple of years back,, Drew was the best new thing since sliced bread down Suffolk way. He will end up being a far better rider than Rowe. Being away from Ipswich will do him the world of good. 

Kemp was very promising in his first season with Mildenhall in the NL. But hasn't really progressed as quickly as might've been expected given all the hype he had!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Wolverhampton?

Sam Masters 8.34
Jacob Thorsell 7.33
Nick Morris 7.12
Luke Becker 6.95
Steve Worrall 5.94
Drew Kemp 3.28
Leon Flint RS
Total 38.96

It won't be Thorsell 

both Kemp and Rowe will progress next year, not because they're apart

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

He will end up being a far better rider than Rowe. 

Impossible to know that. What we do know, is that Rowe is currently the better rider and the better choice. 

1 minute ago, Steve Irving said:

Impossible to know that. What we do know, is that Rowe is currently the better rider and the better choice. 

We will see,,, but my instinct says Kemp will end up better, as Rowe has an awkward elbow high style which I think will hamper his progression 

• Like 1

Rowe looked top top class early part of the season and was on fire, even though he was still carrying a leg injury. He then came a cropper (at Wolves?) and aggravated that injury to the point it pretty much ruined his season. Will be very interesting to see how he fares next year when hopefully injury free. 

Sorry to the Wolves fans for going off topic. Hopefully Kemp cracks on and has a good season. 

36 minutes ago, Dan123 said:

I think you should find out the true facts before listening and repeating rumours you have heard !! 

There are many rumours on a forum, some true, some not, if you don't like reading rumours then this forum or any forum isn't for you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Did people not say that about Peterborough this season gone 

They just put Peterborough down due to the age of the riders.

For me Wolves are basically going with two rising stars and it's very risky considering other teams will line-up with a strong experienced reserve along with a better 1-5 imo. 

Gambling on the 1-5 overachieving to make the play-offs imo. Other than Becker it's difficult to see an average improver. 

Comments from the talk-in @ the Cleveland Arms tonight:-

Drew Kemp is the new signing to ride along side Leon Flint at reserve.

Ipswich told him it might be best to “have a season away”

Wolverhampton is not his favourite track, does not like tight technical tracks!

Broc Nicol has been released.

Jacob Thorsell is not an option due to the availability and cost of flights, they are not at pre-covid levels.

The full team is decided, may be released end of December, beginning of January.

Tai Woffinden – Peter Adams will again be helping him next year to try and regain the World Title. Expects the GP schedule to be similar to this year.

Ryan Douglas currently self-isolating in a hotel in Australia for 2 weeks.

Lots of friction between the Premiership and Championship clubs.

Alan Grahame – Peter Adams shared his memories. Grahame was always late arriving at meetings. His funeral was scheduled for 9:00 am. Hearse arrived at 9:20.

One of the main reasons for the supporters trust is distant fans. CVS constantly surprised at online orders for merchandise, recently sent stuff to New Zealand and Australia. This will be a way for these fans to support/help the club whilst not being able to attend meetings.

The speedway office needs replacing, the supporters club will be able to help with the cost.

Programme – will continue to use the current printers. The Wolves programme retains the “old size” whilst everyone else uses the larger size. I prefer the traditional size.

Musielak, or any other Polish rider, not an option due to the influence exerted by Polish clubs.

Number 8 – currently talking to a 17 old. Expect him to be No 1 for the junior side.

Number 8 – no restrictions to their use, use them whenever you wish.

Due to restrictions with access the track staff arrive at the stadium at 6:00 on Sunday and Monday.

Highlight for CVS, new toilets in the upstairs bar. This is a major step forward.

The people who leave after heat 14 are really annoying with their red brake lights causing a problem for the riders. Another 5 minutes wouldn’t hurt would it?  

2 tracks were considered for additions to the PL. CVS hopeful that in a year or two, the PL could have 8/9 tracks.

Peter Adams – in years to come Rory Schlein will be recognised as one of the best ever Wolves captains.