Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
GamingInternational

Big Bad Wolfs 2022 (Wolves 2022)

Recommended Posts

Maybe Nicol gave up on Wolves?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

They just put Peterborough down due to the age of the riders.

For me Wolves are basically going with two rising stars and it's very risky considering other teams will line-up with a strong experienced reserve along with a better 1-5 imo. 

Gambling on the 1-5 overachieving to make the play-offs imo. Other than Becker it's difficult to see an average improver. 

Apart from flint & Kemp nobody knows how the rest of the team will pan out so how can you say they're going to be wooden spoonists

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Apart from flint & Kemp nobody knows how the rest of the team will pan out so how can you say they're going to be wooden spoonists

It's Masters, Becker, Douglas, N. Morris & S. Worrall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Comments from the talk-in @ the Cleveland Arms tonight:-

Drew Kemp is the new signing to ride along side Leon Flint at reserve.

Ipswich told him it might be best to “have a season away”

Wolverhampton is not his favourite track, does not like tight technical tracks!

Broc Nicol has been released.

Jacob Thorsell is not an option due to the availability and cost of flights, they are not at pre-covid levels.

The full team is decided, may be released end of December, beginning of January.

Tai Woffinden – Peter Adams will again be helping him next year to try and regain the World Title. Expects the GP schedule to be similar to this year.

Ryan Douglas currently self-isolating in a hotel in Australia for 2 weeks.

Lots of friction between the Premiership and Championship clubs.

Alan Grahame – Peter Adams shared his memories. Grahame was always late arriving at meetings. His funeral was scheduled for 9:00 am. Hearse arrived at 9:20.

One of the main reasons for the supporters trust is distant fans. CVS constantly surprised at online orders for merchandise, recently sent stuff to New Zealand and Australia. This will be a way for these fans to support/help the club whilst not being able to attend meetings.

The speedway office needs replacing, the supporters club will be able to help with the cost.

Programme – will continue to use the current printers. The Wolves programme retains the “old size” whilst everyone else uses the larger size. I prefer the traditional size.

Musielak, or any other Polish rider, not an option due to the influence exerted by Polish clubs.

Number 8 – currently talking to a 17 old. Expect him to be No 1 for the junior side.

Number 8 – no restrictions to their use, use them whenever you wish.

Due to restrictions with access the track staff arrive at the stadium at 6:00 on Sunday and Monday.

Highlight for CVS, new toilets in the upstairs bar. This is a major step forward.

The people who leave after heat 14 are really annoying with their red brake lights causing a problem for the riders. Another 5 minutes wouldn’t hurt would it?  

2 tracks were considered for additions to the PL. CVS hopeful that in a year or two, the PL could have 8/9 tracks.

Peter Adams – in years to come Rory Schlein will be recognised as one of the best ever Wolves captains.

Drew Kemp's actual comments rather than Beowulf's drivel.

“The Wolves track is somewhere that I like and that started when I had a handful of meetings riding for Cradley there in 2018.

“I know it’s a completely different level, but I still won plenty of races around there and it’s somewhere I always turn up feeling pretty confident that I’m going to do well.

“I had a couple of good scores there for Ipswich this year too and I’m really looking forward to that being my home track in the Premiership.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Drew Kemp's actual comments rather than Beowulf's drivel.

“The Wolves track is somewhere that I like and that started when I had a handful of meetings riding for Cradley there in 2018.

“I know it’s a completely different level, but I still won plenty of races around there and it’s somewhere I always turn up feeling pretty confident that I’m going to do well.

“I had a couple of good scores there for Ipswich this year too and I’m really looking forward to that being my home track in the Premiership.”

Drivel ? Idiot, I am telling you what he said from his own mouth. Of couse you know best from 100 miles away and not being there.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Drivel ? Idiot, I am telling you what he said from his own mouth. Of couse you know best from 100 miles away and not being there.

Your ears obviously don't work then. 

Trying using your eyes a bit more instead and read Drew's comments on the official Wolves site as it will help you out regarding Drew's feelings about the Monmore Green circuit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Did they say what the friction was about between Prem and Champ clubs? 

"Why should you keep the TV money?"..

"Why should you get to use the same riders as us, but get them for less cost?"

Maybe???,

Either way, it will be like two bald men fighting over a comb...

Or Grumpy and Sleepy arguing about who is the taller of the two..

Hi - Ho...... 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

It's Masters, Becker, Douglas, N. Morris & S. Worrall.

Ok ! Is that official tho ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Wolves giving up on Nicol after one season is baffling.

Practically threw away any chance of a league title in 2021 by building a team way under the limit to fit Nicol in for no reason now.

It's not really worked out for him to be honest, the season started with him looking fairly promising but by the end of the season he seemed to have gone backwards. When you look at how Luke progressed in his first season there was just no comparison. Would have been a major surprise to me if he had been retained, his performance in the Olympique was the final nail in the coffin I think, or maybe he'd already been told.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Comments from the talk-in @ the Cleveland Arms tonight:-

Drew Kemp is the new signing to ride along side Leon Flint at reserve.

Ipswich told him it might be best to “have a season away”

Wolverhampton is not his favourite track, does not like tight technical tracks!

Broc Nicol has been released.

Jacob Thorsell is not an option due to the availability and cost of flights, they are not at pre-covid levels.

The full team is decided, may be released end of December, beginning of January.

Tai Woffinden – Peter Adams will again be helping him next year to try and regain the World Title. Expects the GP schedule to be similar to this year.

Ryan Douglas currently self-isolating in a hotel in Australia for 2 weeks.

Lots of friction between the Premiership and Championship clubs.

Alan Grahame – Peter Adams shared his memories. Grahame was always late arriving at meetings. His funeral was scheduled for 9:00 am. Hearse arrived at 9:20.

One of the main reasons for the supporters trust is distant fans. CVS constantly surprised at online orders for merchandise, recently sent stuff to New Zealand and Australia. This will be a way for these fans to support/help the club whilst not being able to attend meetings.

The speedway office needs replacing, the supporters club will be able to help with the cost.

Programme – will continue to use the current printers. The Wolves programme retains the “old size” whilst everyone else uses the larger size. I prefer the traditional size.

Musielak, or any other Polish rider, not an option due to the influence exerted by Polish clubs.

Number 8 – currently talking to a 17 old. Expect him to be No 1 for the junior side.

Number 8 – no restrictions to their use, use them whenever you wish.

Due to restrictions with access the track staff arrive at the stadium at 6:00 on Sunday and Monday.

Highlight for CVS, new toilets in the upstairs bar. This is a major step forward.

The people who leave after heat 14 are really annoying with their red brake lights causing a problem for the riders. Another 5 minutes wouldn’t hurt would it?  

2 tracks were considered for additions to the PL. CVS hopeful that in a year or two, the PL could have 8/9 tracks.

Peter Adams – in years to come Rory Schlein will be recognised as one of the best ever Wolves captains.

I feel for the fans going to the talk-in, to be told, we've decided on our team but we're not going to tell you yet.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

I feel for the fans going to the talk-in, to be told, we've decided on our team but we're not going to tell you yet.

Don’t be daft. Those going would not have been expecting to hear the full team, the press release quite clearly stated A signing would be announced, and it was, Drew Kemp. 
 

What the hell is wrong with some of you? Why are you all stamping your feet and demanding to know who signed riders are? The season starts in March for Christ sake. I bet you’re the sort that can’t wait for December 25th and make a crafty rip in your presents to see what you’ve got 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

Don’t be daft. Those going would not have been expecting to hear the full team, the press release quite clearly stated A signing would be announced, and it was, Drew Kemp. 
 

What the hell is wrong with some of you? Why are you all stamping your feet and demanding to know who signed riders are? The season starts in March for Christ sake. I bet you’re the sort that can’t wait for December 25th and make a crafty rip in your presents to see what you’ve got 

The issue I see is they basically announced "we've picked a team but are not telling you the rest of them", I know they only promised one rider - but it sounds like they've signed 7/8 riders up already. I think it would've sounded better to announce something like "we're working towards completing the team"

Also - I'm not "stamping my feet and demanding to know who signed riders are" I merely think they shouldn't say, we know the team but aren't telling you - that's all!

Edited by szkocjasid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy