British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Nightmare signings

3 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Look back on him now with  great memories of his and all cudas days, holly holly holly oh oh oh or sh*t sh*t sh*t as the Panthers would say. Shop at the Tesco now that stands on New Hammond Beck Rd

Do they sell peas in mint sauce!!!

7 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

This is where its great because Floppy Norris and The Donc are 2 of my favourites

Two laid back and hilarious characters

I can certainly see why they get the reaction from you though

Floppy was by far the best sky commentator,  was a Donky fan in my top lge supporting Ipswich days got a lot of stick for having a blue white Ipswich jacket when they were all the rage as well as a Panthers one 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Do they sell peas in mint sauce!!!

Oh yes the fish stall stunk the place out 

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Flappy was by far the best sky commentator,  was a Donky fan in my top lge supporting Ipswich days got a lot of stick for having a blue white Ipswich jacket when they were all the rage as well as a Panthers one 

I enjoyed the occasions when Floppy Norris, and also Steve Jonno Johnson, were in the comms box.  Back on topic; I spoke to one promoter [names witheld to protect the innocent, the guilty and self from a poss lawsuit !] about his rider, now retired, who would often dive into to corners, badly impede his team-mate and turn a 'cert 5-1' into a 4-2 or a 3-3, usually followed by 'tween team mate exchange of views & arm-waving.  Unsaid promoter told me the equally unsaid rider in question had tunnel vision and literally never saw anyone or anything outside of his immediate field of view.  It was also pointed out to me that whenout on his own, leading or at the back, the rider never caused any problems - as there was no-one else around him.  Prob just as well he is retired....

Edited by martinmauger
spelling, legal corrections !
  • Like 1

Nikki Pedersen 

Martin Dugard

Bruce Penhall

Joe Owen

David Norris

Bartosz Zmarzlik 

Barney Kennett 

2 hours ago, martinmauger said:

I enjoyed the occasions when Floppy Norris, and also Steve Jonno Johnson, were in the comms box.  Back on topic; I spoke to one promoter [names witheld to protect the innocent, the guilty and self from a poss lawsuit !] about his rider, now retired, who would often dive into to corners, badly impede his team-mate and turn a 'cert 5-1' into a 4-2 or a 3-3, usually followed by 'tween team mate exchange of views & arm-waving.  Unsaid promoter told me the equally unsaid rider in question had tunnel vision and literally never saw anyone or anything outside of his immediate field of view.  It was also pointed out to me that whenout on his own, leading or at the back, the rider never caused any problems - as there was no-one else around him.  Prob just as well he is retired....

Sounds like Graham Drury when riding for Oxford!

Not likely I know, not least because I don't have a team to support any more, but I would hate a team I supported to sign Leon Madsen. I can't stand him, although I'm not sure why. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, one of clubs said:

Kenny Carter.Malcolm Simmons.Gordon Kennett.Steve Gresham.John Louis.Lance King and Tai Woffinden.

Gordon Kennett?

3 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

Can’t imagine anybody disliking Donk to be honest. Great rider and even greater fella. 

I recall that there was a bit of an issue between Jeremy and Jens Rasmussen but got on great when "Razza" rode for the "Witches" in 1986 and Jeremy named his child Jens if I remember?

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

Thierry Hilaire was the most exciting rider ever with loads of natural talent! :lol:

Watching him go round Station Road was pure, pure Entertainment!

:rofl:

22 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Sounds like Graham Drury when riding for Oxford!

No more modern era, mid-2000's, I'll say no more ;)....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Thierry Hilaire was the most exciting rider ever with loads of natural talent! :lol:

Watching him go round Station Road was pure, pure Entertainment!

:rofl:

Thierry hilarious...great entertainment..!!

• Like 1