British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Nightmare signings

In fairness that septet were all riders that had decent lengthy careers and the in the case of Jessup and Louis two riders close to being World champion!

Mullarkeys wind ups would have made the pope swear in all fairness while I suppose you've put Rob Hollingworth in there due to his long association with Panthers long lost old Derby rivals Boston!? 

Monaghan rode for Peterborough when past his best at the end of his career when he was hanging on for a money spinning testimonial, but he was a good value NL heatleader during his spells at Mildenhall and Stoke!

28 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Why Jessup? I always thought he was quality when I was a wee child 

We would go to Lynn on a sat night to watch some top lge racing and watch lynn lose and just never liked him was a smug little git who just irritated me with his laps of honour after winning a race so took a disliking to him, then he rode for Mildenhall which made it worse , was a good rider for sure very good gater. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

We would go to Lynn on a sat night to watch some top lge racing and watch lynn lose and just never liked him was a smug little git who just irritated me with his laps of honour after winning a race so took a disliking to him, then he rode for Mildenhall which made it worse , was a good rider for sure very good gater. 

Heaven forbid a rider does a lap of honour after winning a race! lol

33 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

We all have reasons for disliking certain riders,,,, I have disliked many over the years. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

We all have reasons for disliking certain riders,,,, I have disliked many over the years. 

He would come round and all you could see over the wooden safety fence at Lynn on the back straight was his head , 

Edited by scoobydoo

Ricky Wallace, Ryan Fisher, Nigel Sadler, David Norris, Gary Havelock, Sam Ermolenko, and Jeremy Doncaster. I liked to dislike all of these when ever they rode at Kings Lynn. Martin Dugard as number 8.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrss said:

Ricky Wallace, Ryan Fisher, Nigel Sadler, David Norris, Gary Havelock, Sam Ermolenko, and Jeremy Doncaster. I liked to dislike all of these when ever they rode at Kings Lynn. Martin Dugard as number 8.

This is where its great because Floppy Norris and The Donc are 2 of my favourites

Two laid back and hilarious characters

I can certainly see why they get the reaction from you though

Nikki Pedersen when he signed for Oxford but didn't last long!

Ole Olsen who didn't sign for Oxford and we got the majestic Dag Lovaas instead...thank goodness!

14 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Team of riders i would of absolutely hated Peterborough to sign 

Dave Jessup, Kelvin Mullarkey, Andy Galvin, Andy Smith, Chris Louis, Nigel Crabtree, Robert Hollingworth

Took me ages to accept Eric Monaghan, 

Holly is a really nice bloke. I had a long chat with him at Lydd earlier in the season!

• Like 3

Mikael max 

2 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Holly is a really nice bloke. I had a long chat with him at Lydd earlier in the season!

Look back on him now with  great memories of his and all cudas days, holly holly holly oh oh oh or sh*t sh*t sh*t as the Panthers would say. Shop at the Tesco now that stands on New Hammond Beck Rd

Edited by scoobydoo