British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Confirmed Signings for 2022

4 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Didn't Michael Lee ride for Boston first ? just remember him turning up at Perry Barr as a 16 year old and scoring an 18 point maximum....

Can't think of another rider that has ever done that at such a young age...( I know Joe Screen broke track records at 15 years of age?)

Mike Lee rode for the Fen Tigers before they were a league team 1974 I think? 

On 12/18/2021 at 3:49 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

Age is no issue but preperation and attitude is. I don't rate Muff on the grounds that his prep is poor, his skill set is limited and any results are often throttle jockey related.

Certainly look poor against Belle Vue. Top 2 are strong, Spooner is a good signing for anyone but 2nds strings are iffy and reserves should be the lowest pairing in the league (but probably wont be)

isn’t it called a ‘ development league ‘ for a reason ?

You could be describing several other individuals with your broad and critical comment. You ever tried riding a speedway bike ?

8 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Didn't Michael Lee ride for Boston first ? just remember him turning up at Perry Barr as a 16 year old and scoring an 18 point maximum....

Can't think of another rider that has ever done that at such a young age...( I know Joe Screen broke track records at 15 years of age?)

Sure bewley did or at least his home debut 18 point 

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

isn’t it called a ‘ development league ‘ for a reason ?

You could be describing several other individuals with your broad and critical comment. You ever tried riding a speedway bike ?

It is called development league and there for skills gained at lower levels to be honed and advanced amongst similar and higher level riders. 

Agreed there are plenty of riders who have limited skill sets scoring plenty of points when upright week in week out. 

My biggest gripe with Muff is his poor efforts off track, his kit was always poor, poorly maintained and unreliable. Its certainly not an easy sport and bike preparation is no walk in the park but it has to be done, sadly the half arsed approach sums him up.

Elliot Kelly steps down from Mildenhall, who will his replacement be at this late stage? :blink: Any good younguns from the area yet to be signed up? 4.46 to play with...

12 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Elliot Kelly steps down from Mildenhall, who will his replacement be at this late stage? :blink: Any good younguns from the area yet to be signed up? 4.46 to play with...

Chad Wirtzfield, if he fancies another go at NL?