British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ray Stadia

Being called a 'bad name'

10 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Lewis Hamilton from F1

Also the US NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace, who was in some controversy this year

9 hours ago, arnieg said:

Are you thinking of Peter Clement (Denmark).?

I wasn't, but knw of Peter as well

The rider i was thinking of is Noah Moos from Denmark. Saw him riding in Ludwigslust a few years back

177829242_1126196031212182_7967593356479575170_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_eui2=AeHjCQezWxvny98yvuVYIDsAA3Lt0qMxYOoDcu3SozFg6sOrG0G2rTjFQGhau3nrozK3yX8Y13d7lV6H1hCDwlx7&_nc_ohc=HkpD8jCmON0AX-Yd29N&_nc_ht=scontent-ham3-1.xx&oh=d5a26afc34cf460d24e59e51feb45a43&oe=61BC4B74

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

There was a rider at Belle Vue a few yearrs back called Glenn Hornby who was black/mixed race.

I remember reading a story in Speedway Star about him getting racial abuse from fans when he was in the pits during meetings.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Grachan said:

There was a rider at Belle Vue a few yearrs back called Glenn Hornby who was black/mixed race.

I remember reading a story in Speedway Star about him getting racial abuse from fans when he was in the pits during meetings.

I was just about to post Glenn Hornby... I always thought he was a half decent rider, not sure why he packed it in, didn't he have a spell with Long Eaton I seem to recall

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

Also the US NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace, who was in some controversy this year

There is also a black very good American moto X rider, James Stewart. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I was just about to post Glenn Hornby... I always thought he was a half decent rider, not sure why he packed it in, didn't he have a spell with Long Eaton I seem to recall

Middlesborough.

2 hours ago, Grachan said:

Middlesborough.

Yeah,  I think I'm mixing him up with Mike Hampson, a rider of similar ability around at the same time

There was one coloured rider, Cecil something orignated from Wimbledon I believe, & came up to Hull Craven Park for a 2nd half spin in around 2004 / 2005.  He was suited & booted in leathers so ready for a skid but I don't think he actually made it on track due to bike issues....

13 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Christ, this thread is an eye opener. Some dinosaurs still kicking about it would appear. 

Some people might be offended by blasphemous words! :nono:

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, martinmauger said:

There was one coloured rider, Cecil something orignated from Wimbledon I believe, & came up to Hull Craven Park for a 2nd half spin in around 2004 / 2005.  He was suited & booted in leathers so ready for a skid but I don't think he actually made it on track due to bike issues....

Cecil Forbes

8 minutes ago, chunky said:

Cecil Forbes

That's the chappie, felt sorry for him because he was wandering around the pits with a smile on his face chatting happily with folk, yet don't think he got a ride....

19 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

Some people might be offended by blasphemous words! :nono:

Like I say, "Good Morning America! What are we offended by today?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, iris123 said:

I wasn't, but knw of Peter as well

The rider i was thinking of is Noah Moos from Denmark. Saw him riding in Ludwigslust a few years back

177829242_1126196031212182_7967593356479575170_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_eui2=AeHjCQezWxvny98yvuVYIDsAA3Lt0qMxYOoDcu3SozFg6sOrG0G2rTjFQGhau3nrozK3yX8Y13d7lV6H1hCDwlx7&_nc_ohc=HkpD8jCmON0AX-Yd29N&_nc_ht=scontent-ham3-1.xx&oh=d5a26afc34cf460d24e59e51feb45a43&oe=61BC4B74

Yes, Noah Moss is half Danish and half Korean.

Thomas Sörensen was half Danish and half Sri Lankan.

... and that young German lad You mentioned is Mario Häusl (see picture below), whose father is from Munich and his mother from the Seychelles.

He is even sporting the national flag of the Seychelles on his kevlars. He must be the first speedway riders ever to emerge form these Indian Ocean islands. 

MSC Berghaupten / Black Forest Eagles - Teamvorstellung der Speedway Team  Cup Mannschaft - Teil 5 / Mario Häusl - BAHNSPORT-INFO

• Like 2