British Speedway Forum
teaboy279

Kent 2022

Guess yous could start thinking of a team then? Dunno what the limit will be, but would be nice to see a top 2 of Dan Gilkes and Jake Mulford, which would take up nearly 20 points!!

Who would you Kent fans like to see in the team...

• Like 1

Kinsley, Mulford, Verge, Spooner, Warren, Clouting, Foord. (Comes in around 39)

Then adjust as necessary when points limit known.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Guess yous could start thinking of a team then? Dunno what the limit will be, but would be nice to see a top 2 of Dan Gilkes and Jake Mulford, which would take up nearly 20 points!!

Who would you Kent fans like to see in the team...

I think Gilkes could and probably should be looking higher than NDL next season, Mulford wasn't that good around Iwade when i last saw him. Spooner should be a shoe in though. The rest could be a clean sweep with new promotion and no favourites. Id be looking at a more local flavour to the side, Charley Powell flies round there too.

Surely the shoe in No 1 is Ben Morley?

If the rumoured increase in NDL sides happens next week probably Kinsley / Spooner may get chances elsewhere and Mulford may want to do Grass on a weekend and Speedway in the week.

Gilkes I agree needs to be looking at bigger ponds now or an NDL berth at Oxford possibly? (close to home) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Surely the shoe in No 1 is Ben Morley?

If the rumoured increase in NDL sides happens next week probably Kinsley / Spooner may get chances elsewhere and Mulford may want to do Grass on a weekend and Speedway in the week.

Gilkes I agree needs to be looking at bigger ponds now or an NDL berth at Oxford possibly? (close to home) 

Morley must have a whopping NDL average now and in reality IF Iwade are running at the weekend then avoiding double uppers would be wise otherwise it will be a non stop guest fest. 

Now racking my brains of active NL riders ive seen go round Iwade well....Hume. Bowen was quick and Hurry is the track record holder if the Dad's Army approach catches on......and Rob Hollingsworth is no slouch around there either.

My first visit there in 2005 was a challenge just to find the track!

Driving through someone’s yard full of construction equipment and trailers wasn’t very welcoming!

I’m thinking the locals aren’t too friendly to the speedway as I recall.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 10:32 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

Morley must have a whopping NDL average now and in reality IF Iwade are running at the weekend then avoiding double uppers would be wise otherwise it will be a non stop guest fest. 

Now racking my brains of active NL riders I've seen go round Iwade well....Hume. Bowen was quick and Hurry is the track record holder if the Dad's Army approach catches on......and Rob Hollingsworth is no slouch around there either.

Morley should only be on a 7.52 ave, so great value in that figure. Can't see Ben getting a Champ spot so he wouldn't miss any fixtures either!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jimsboy said:

Vinnie Foord for a team place or will he go to Mildenhall?

Personally i think he needs a hell of a lot of work both off track and on it before he is NDL ready. I don't agree with the basics being picked up along the way whilst pinning the throttle flatout and hoping for the best. That said most promoter's don't share the same view and he will likely feature somewhere.

Good to hear Iwade could be lining up in the NDL . No lights at the old gun site so assume it will be Sunday afternoon racing. 
This might be problematic for some of the NDL riders who do grass track ? 

56 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Good to hear Iwade could be lining up in the NDL . No lights at the old gun site so assume it will be Sunday afternoon racing. 
This might be problematic for some of the NDL riders who do grass track ? 

I would think it wouldn't be much of an issue for any rider who takes speedway seriously,  for those who wish to do both disciplines and pick grasstrack its a matter for the governing bodies to resolve. I would think there will be more than enough weekends to avoid local clashes anyway as Competition would hurt both crowds.

23 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I would think it wouldn't be much of an issue for any rider who takes speedway seriously,  for those who wish to do both disciplines and pick grasstrack its a matter for the governing bodies to resolve. I would think there will be more than enough weekends to avoid local clashes anyway as Competition would hurt both crowds.

Also Iwade would run meetings every two weeks so less clashes hopefully.

• Like 1

I see the statement from Speedwaygb says Kent didn't make it. Take it that is just for the Championship and they will be OK to come to the national league agm and be in the NL next year?

10 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

I see the statement from Speedwaygb says Kent didn't make it. Take it that is just for the Championship and they will be OK to come to the national league agm and be in the NL next year?

Kent is gone completely.     But there seems to be every reason to be optimistic that a new promotion at Iwade will be joining the NDL, so there will still be speedway just a couple of miles away 

1 hour ago, PotteringAround said:

Kent is gone completely.     But there seems to be every reason to be optimistic that a new promotion at Iwade will be joining the NDL, so there will still be speedway just a couple of miles away 

Oh I see. They'll be called Iwade and not Kent. So it is very close then to Central Park on that basis. Not a bad jaunt for me, if the Dartford crossing plays ball.