British Speedway Forum
teaboy279

Kent 2022

20 hours ago, Islander15 said:

It’s his latest NL average that you use, so 9.17 for Morley. Which tbf is more indicative of his abilities b

Nathan Greaves started 2021 on 9.22, which was his Champ ave doubled (4.61), not his most recent NL average, which was 8.36!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

are there any plans to upgrade spectator facilities? Be a bit of a shock for some after Central Park

13 minutes ago, ch958 said:

are there any plans to upgrade spectator facilities? Be a bit of a shock for some after Central Park

I shudder to think where spectator facilities sit on the list of things that could/should/must be done at Iwade to make it a practical NDL venue

18 minutes ago, ch958 said:

Certainly will be different!!

I understand an agreement is in place to use the large field next to the track as a car park and I'm sure a burger van and hire in loos won't be a problem but its going to take more than a couple of old concrete bunkers for spectators to view the track.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Nathan Greaves started 2021 on 9.22, which was his Champ ave doubled (4.61), not his most recent NL average, which was 8.36!

I forgot to add ‘whichever is highest’. Morley will be 9+ but for some rule change they’ve not told us about. 

Anyone have some recent photos of Iwade track? From what  read here it seems like a far cry from Central Park which was good for watching, although I never ventured further than the grandstand

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I shudder to think where spectator facilities sit on the list of things that could/should/must be done at Iwade to make it a practical NDL venue

Surprising how many things can be hired relatively inexpensively I suppose, but it will be basic whatever it seems. Suppose a lot will be cost, if it's £10ish speedway,  people will overlook basic facilities, much more and may expect a bit more? 

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Surprising how many things can be hired relatively inexpensively I suppose, but it will be basic whatever it seems. Suppose a lot will be cost, if it's £10ish speedway,  people will overlook basic facilities, much more and may expect a bit more? 

I think its a great venue and offered track time to a huge number of riders over the years. Its the type of venue that is more sustainable if the sport has a long term future. However its certainly rough and ready and won't be everyones cup of tea. The other divide will remain between track owners versus promotors as to who provides the investment for any upgrades etc. 

As stated though, field parking, hired toilets, bars and catering a-la grasstrack and theres absolutely no reason why its not a sustainable venture. Next up is a team that fans can relate to of Kent connected or based riders.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I think its a great venue and offered track time to a huge number of riders over the years. Its the type of venue that is more sustainable if the sport has a long term future. However its certainly rough and ready and won't be everyones cup of tea. The other divide will remain between track owners versus promotors as to who provides the investment for any upgrades etc. 

As stated though, field parking, hired toilets, bars and catering a-la grasstrack and theres absolutely no reason why its not a sustainable venture. Next up is a team that fans can relate to of Kent connected or based riders.

Aren't most Kent speedway fans rough  and ready and should feel at home there?:rolleyes:. Seriously though,  think as you say it should be able to be sustainable if it's a good race surface with good NL racing and family oriented . I've never been, but sounds like its definitely a summer track, imagine you don't want to be there on a cold, damp windy day, especially at the end of the season. 

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

Put some decking along the starting gate area so as to give people a level and raised view and safe standing area - similar to Rye house before the wreckers moved in!

There’s viewing all around the track as I recall and raised banking although it’s grass so dry days are better.

Edited by GWC

35 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I went to Buxton a few times when in that area...are you saying the facilities would likely be along those lines?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

I went to Buxton a few times when in that area...are you saying the facilities would likely be along those lines?  

A bit like Buxton but colder & not so many facilities.

• Like 1

Colder than Buxton???????????My gosh that part of Kent must be bleak and open. I've frozen at Buxton in mid summer. Some loos, a hot drink and maybe a hot dog will do me. I went to Central Park at the end of the season just gone and the catering was dire and that's being polite. What we all want is some close competitive racing and hopefully Iwade will deliver on that point.

7 minutes ago, flipper11 said:

Don’t you believe it I’ve got seriously sun burnt once as it’s a sun trap in that part of Kent - never cold.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, flipper11 said:

Definitely has its own micro climate like Buxton. Little bit more squeezed for space around the track but a much better racing surface. Seen plenty of good riders round the place and setting some quick times. The plus side is the training track, 2nd halves etc can all be a breeding ground for future riders with an actual progression route (rather than the BSPL mickey mouse ones)

• Like 2