Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
teaboy279

Kent 2022

2 hours ago, Jimsboy said:

How about Georgie Wood for team place? Would be a solid heat leader in the league.

Whats he going to ride the track hire bike? I do find it a little disparaging that time after time names crop up that have been retired for a respectable amount of time and for multiple reasons. Its a little disrespectful to all the available riders with kit who are actively looking for team places. (to confirm thats not just at you Jimsboy but the ever growing list of posters living in the past)

• Like 1

What about Charley Powell. I saw him ride at Lydd and Iwade last season. He was also very impressive on the grass.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Whats he going to ride the track hire bike? I do find it a little disparaging that time after time names crop up that have been retired for a respectable amount of time and for multiple reasons. Its a little disrespectful to all the available riders with kit who are actively looking for team places. (to confirm thats not just at you Jimsboy but the ever growing list of posters living in the past)

No understandable.

• Thanks 1

I think the likes of Wood and Powell are/were good grass trackers who had a go at speedway with differing degrees of success. Having had their go in the limelight and assume sold kit etc, can get there adrenaline fix at grasstack whilst holding down a job, can't believe either would want to commit to set up with speedway again.

16 minutes ago, gazzac said:

I think the likes of Wood and Powell are/were good grass trackers who had a go at speedway with differing degrees of success. Having had their go in the limelight and assume sold kit etc, can get there adrenaline fix at grasstack whilst holding down a job, can't believe either would want to commit to set up with speedway again.

Powell did all/most of the speedway meetings on the IOW last year and looked mightily impressive however he did represent Oxford and it wouldn't surprise me to see Powell, RTD and Coles all at Oxford this year. 

Wood gave speedway a good go but sadly never had the funding to make the most of his talents and it started to tell across his commitment levels. Powell adapted better than i thought he might and was probably a victim of averages / a little unlucky not to get a place when he was left out of the Eastbourne side. If Iwade get him on a 5 or even lower average he looks a bargain but i fear he will line up elsewhere this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Any news of the team name  and logo .... Iwade Crusaders ....Sittingbourne Crusaders ..... Sittingbourne  Royals ????

They're under Kent on the Speedwaygb website, so I'm guessing they'll be known as the Kent Royals again with the same logo as last year...

Seems the nucleus of last year’s Royals have all left the “Palace” and gone to Mildenhall. Jordan Jenkins maybe available......Sam Hagon apparently is busy at weekends so not likely to sign for a weekend track. 

Kent Royals Avg.
1 Ben Morley 9.18
2 Danno Verge 5.56
3 Connor Coles 6.04
4 Charley Powell 5.00
5 Jake Mulford 7.78
6 Jamie Couzins 3.00
7 Eli Meadows 3.00

I'd really like to see Jake Mulford do one more season at National League level. Watch him tear up the league before moving on to bigger and better things, but will the Sunday effect his grasstracking? If not Jake then maybe Benji Compton on a 8.00 at number 5?

Also, I don't really know any local young talents who ride Iwade regularly. Other than Charlie Wood, but he's a lot younger than I thought he was... Who are the biggest emerging talents down there? Just a bit of Christmas eve Internet surfing... Don't mind me, I'm sad :D Merry christmas everyone

Edited by Diamonds85

1 Jordan Jenkins 9.56
2 Jamie Halder 4.63
3 Danno Verge 5.56
4 Charley Powell 5.00
5 Ben Morley 9.18
6 Jamie Couzins 3.00
7 Eli Meadows 3.00

Don't know if Meadows has ever ridden Iwade, certainly not well. In fairness Mulford wasn't all that on previous outings. Don't know if James Laker would finally get a league chance but has done enough laps of the the place. To be fair the current better amateurs are all older and out of favour despite being better. 

Surely James Laker isn't good enough, isn't Rhys better and younger?. Theres similar standard but younger riders out there... I thought Eli was from that area? Surprised he hasn't ridden Iwade...

Edited by Diamonds85

12 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Surely James Laker isn't good enough, isn't Rhys better and younger?. Theres similar standard but younger riders out there... I thought Eli was from that area? Surprised he hasn't ridden Iwade...

In a straight race its James every time and in all fairness he has been due chances above others for the past few seasons. 

Surely the decisions should be whos better end of not whos younger? If its a straight fight in ability then fair enough but far too many riders get signed being young rather than good. 

Personally never seen anything in Meadows to think he is anywhere close to NDL standard and more MDL mid order rider.

4 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

13 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

In a straight race its James every time and in all fairness he has been due chances above others for the past few seasons. 

Surely the decisions should be whos better end of not whos younger? If its a straight fight in ability then fair enough but far too many riders get signed being young rather than good. 

Personally never seen anything in Meadows to think he is anywhere close to NDL standard and more MDL mid order rider.

And Eli is from Worcester area.

Edited by skydog
  • Thanks 1