British Speedway Forum
teaboy279

Kent 2022

58 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

With Armadale probably lining up close to last year it just leaves the remaining riders to split between Oxford and Kent. With Kent having 2 named and Spooner widely believed at Oxford that only leaves 3 heat leader riders to find, couple of 2nd strings and the reserves. Active riders like RTD, Harris, Powell, Stoneman could fill those voids with other comebacks potentially happening also. Biggest questions will be over the reserves positions and if there is any new/ready riders or if they will use older / previous experience ones?  

Spooner is at Mildenhall

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Spooner is at Mildenhall

Massive clown moment there! Completely forgot that (probably because i didn't expect it) good signing for any team this year and weekend track is always a lure. He would shine at Iwade and will be a very dangerous visitor. 

Bowtell & Morley will be the league’s best top 2 pairing by a mile. But is there enough 3.00 & 4.00 riders left to keep the team competitive?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

Told the new promotion ditched the club's long-serving programme editor and press officer. Is that true? Why? 

Very much a case of Kents loss, is very much Mildenhalls massive gain. It baffles will still as to where Derek found the time to annually produce the most press releases from any speedway club in the country. (And most years by a massive margin.) Plus the weekly programme, and announcing duties whilst holding down a full time job. Not sure he knows what sleep is tbh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

Bowtell & Morley will be the league’s best top 2 pairing by a mile. But is there enough 3.00 & 4.00 riders left to keep the team competitive?

And with Danno in the team maybe we will be getting some visitors from the island. :) 

Yes, because Kent were not accepted into the league until late December riders like Spooner & Foord had already signed for other clubs, both of them extremely popular with Kent supporters and would definitely signed for again for Kent. I would assume Hagon, Mulford, & possibly Clouting will be going to Oxford. Doesn't leave a lot.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, flipper11 said:

And with Danno in the team maybe we will be getting some visitors from the island. :) 

Yes, because Kent were not accepted into the league until late December riders like Spooner & Foord had already signed for other clubs, both of them extremely popular with Kent supporters and would definitely signed for again for Kent. I would assume Hagon, Mulford, & possibly Clouting will be going to Oxford. Doesn't leave a lot.

Does look a lot like there are strong IOW links with Bowtell, Morley and Verge all former Warriors. If they could get Powell it would be a powerful top end. Then just needs Widman and Sealey to complete the bottom end :D

24 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Does look a lot like there are strong IOW links with Bowtell, Morley and Verge all former Warriors. If they could get Powell it would be a powerful top end. Then just needs Widman and Sealey to complete the bottom end :D

Can't see Mulford or Powell who are amongst the best Grass Track riders in the UK riding for Kent on a Sunday to the detriment of Grass opportunities in UK and on the Continent. 

Strong top two, but not sure what Alfie's average would be. If it is that high, would it mean Danno riding as a third heat leader? If he is a second string, then the side could be quite strong.

As for the other four, I'd like to see Jack Kingston back - he showed real promise at Central Park for short while, and I think I'm right in saying that he knows the Iwade track pretty well.

Len was reported as saying he would do all he could to help - given his contacts, I hope he is - does anyone know?

• Like 1

With minimal riders being available on a lower average, Kent may have limited options on who to bring in to complete the team.

Jamie Couzins & Chris Watts have both ridden plenty of laps around Iwade, so could be the 3.00 pointers at reserve. This leaves around 9.48 for the remaining 2 riders. Maybe look at getting Rob Ledwith out of retirement on his 5.93 average which leaves 3.55 for the final piece of the jigsaw.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hawks 1975 said:

Strong top two, but not sure what Alfie's average would be. If it is that high, would it mean Danno riding as a third heat leader? If he is a second string, then the side could be quite strong.

As for the other four, I'd like to see Jack Kingston back - he showed real promise at Central Park for short while, and I think I'm right in saying that he knows the Iwade track pretty well.

Len was reported as saying he would do all he could to help - given his contacts, I hope he is - does anyone know?

Alfie’s average is 9.78, Ben’s average is 9.18 & Danno’s average is 5.56 which total’s 24.52 leaving 15.48 for the remaining 4 riders.

12 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

Told the new promotion ditched the club's long-serving programme editor and press officer. Is that true? Why? 

Yes posted on Facebook. Only guess cost cutting measure or they are taking near rivals Eastbourne's programme editor on board to win programme of the year lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hawks 1975 said:

If bikes could be located/sponsored the both Kingston and /or Ledwith would make attractive recruits on their average and around Iwade. Bit of inside knowledge and home advantage could prove crucial.

15 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Kent sign Joe Alcock and Chris Watts

Only know Joe, and I'm glad he's giving it another go.

• Like 1