British Speedway Forum
teaboy279

Kent 2022

10 hours ago, 25yearfan said:

And many more famous old teams that even in todays lean times would still draw a viable crowd!

While I appreciate the role Iwades played in providing a place for speedway riders to hone their skills since the early 70's, its not ideal as a League venue with its limited spectator facilities. But while Central Park was nigh on perfect as a Kentish League venue it looks like that option could be closed off for now, so Iwade will be able to fill in and will help to boost numbers in the National League.

I feel the Kent Kings belong at Central Park so any NL team operating out of Iwade should be called the Sittingbourne Crusaders which is what previous 3rd tier teams at Iwade have been called.

Yes spectator accommodation is basic, but so were Buxton and Linlithgow. I agree with the name. Some of you may be interested to know that the revived, nomadic Rye House team of 1999 nearly had a temporary home at Iwade.

On 11/21/2021 at 2:23 PM, M.D said:

There should be some news in a week or so but Championship is ruled out until 2023

NDL team then? Or just the open meetings that have been mentioned? 

1 hour ago, Jimsboy said:

NDL team then? Or just the open meetings that have been mentioned? 

Sad to say we won't be running NL in 2022

47 minutes ago, M.D said:

Sad to say we won't be running NL in 2022

Thanks for clearing that up. Be Iwade then in 2022 for speedway fix. Hopefully back at Arlington 2023 MD

37 minutes ago, Jimsboy said:

Thanks for clearing that up. Be Iwade then in 2022 for speedway fix. Hopefully back at Arlington 2023 MD

We will be back 2023..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Breaking News**

Si Kellow, the new promoter confirms Kent will be racing at Iwade in the NDL in 2022 via Facebook.

Some will point out its a massive step backwards from where we were a few months ago, to those I say it's a massive step forward from where we were yesterday..  

League Speedway in Kent lives on.

Great news for fans in the South East.

Brilliant news :t: can someone tell me what the track and stadium is like at Iwade? Heard it's pretty small and no stands... but it's better than no track at all!! Cant wait to go visit

39 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Brilliant news :t: can someone tell me what the track and stadium is like at Iwade? Heard it's pretty small and no stands... but it's better than no track at all!! Cant wait to go visit

It's a great little track, always well prepared. I was a regular there in the conference league days. 

• Like 1

Great news and hats off to all those who stuck their neck out to make it happen. Iwade may not be luxurious but the racing is good. Plenty of challenges ahead but weekend racing in the South East could prove to be quite  successful venture.

• Like 1

Great news, but wrap up warm - it can howl across Iwade! But then it did nearly every night at Arena/Lakeside.......

• Like 1