British Speedway Forum
teaboy279

Kent 2022

51 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

Oh I see. They'll be called Iwade and not Kent. So it is very close then to Central Park on that basis. Not a bad jaunt for me, if the Dartford crossing plays ball.

Not sure what they'll be called yet.  Possibly "Sittingbourne".  

I'm not sure, but I think when Len Silver opened his Central Park operation he used the name "Kent" because the Iwade operation already had rights to the name "Sittingbourne".    Whatever they're called, it's just good to at least see some speedway continuing in the area.

• Like 2

How well is young Charlie Wood progressing down there? I'm not even sure if he's on the 500s yet... Could he be an option at reserve? NL should be about young local riders and a couple experienced heads to help guide them i.e. Ben Morley...

On 11/25/2021 at 3:19 PM, Jimsboy said:

NDL team then? Or just the open meetings that have been mentioned? 

NDL

Kent are confirmed as running next season at Iwade :)

1 minute ago, FinnThomsen said:

NDL

Kent are confirmed as running next season at Iwade :)

My comment was that Eastbourne may have been running in NDL on 2022. But know officially confirmed they are not.

Great news that Kent are now confirmed for 2022 at Iwade,

So with the need to start team building as soon as possible before there are no riders left with there now being 8 teams in the league, who would you like in your 1 - 7. Here is my selection within the 40 point limit.

1. Ben Morley.                9.17

2. Connor King.              4.20

3. Sam Hagon.               6.32

4. Connor Coles.            5.76

5. Alex Spooner.             6.44

6. Vinnie Foord.              3.47

7. Jacob Clouting.          3.20

TOTAL.                           38.56

I feel there’s a blend of youth & experience in this team with the possibility of all riders improving their averages.               

16 minutes ago, dave1075 said:

So with the need to start team building as soon as possible before there are no riders left with there now being 8 teams in the league, who would you like in your 1 - 7. Here is my selection within the 40 point limit.

I feel there’s a blend of youth & experience in this team with the possibility of all riders improving their averages.               

I think the Iwade based team will benefit and be hampered from being weekend based. Doubling up riders could be a problem but Morley is a great shout at number 1 especially if he doesn't land a CL place. The rest will depend upon who was the sponsors favourites etc bit do agree that Spooner and Coles would be great value additions. Very unsure on Clouting though as he has been around (not full seasons granted) a while and still hasn't really put much on his starting average.

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I think the Iwade based team will benefit and be hampered from being weekend based. Doubling up riders could be a problem but Morley is a great shout at number 1 especially if he doesn't land a CL place. The rest will depend upon who was the sponsors favourites etc bit do agree that Spooner and Coles would be great value additions. Very unsure on Clouting though as he has been around (not full seasons granted) a while and still hasn't really put much on his starting average.

Unfortunately Spooner has already signed elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dave1075 said:

Morley should be on his Champ ave doubled shouldn't he? That'd be below 8.00!

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

With more teams racing in 2022 may not be enough quality 3ish riders to go around! Better to keep a 3.2 rider than risk a newbie scoring 1 point a match in my view! Unless of course you have a Mulford / Ablitt turning 15!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Morley should be on his Champ ave doubled shouldn't he? That'd be below 8.00!

I was assuming Ben Morley would come in on his NDL average from 2019, whilst with the IOW which was 9.17.
But if it reverts to his CL average from 2021 of 3.91 that doubled being 7.82 he would be an absolute shoe in for any NDL team this coming season. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

With more teams racing in 2022 may not be enough quality 3ish riders to go around! Better to keep a 3.2 rider than risk a newbie scoring 1 point a match in my view! Unless of course you have a Mulford / Ablitt turning 15!

Certainly don't need to be 15 to be any good round Iwade (and many aren't) stick Rob Hollingsworth and Mick Skinner in the team and watch them clean up #grandadsarmy

12 hours ago, dave1075 said:

I was assuming Ben Morley would come in on his NDL average from 2019, whilst with the IOW which was 9.17.
But if it reverts to his CL average from 2021 of 3.91 that doubled being 7.82 he would be an absolute shoe in for any NDL team this coming season. 

It’s his latest NL average that you use, so 9.17 for Morley. Which tbf is more indicative of his abilities b