British Speedway Forum
teaboy279

Kent 2022

1 hour ago, FromBendThree said:

Any news/thoughts on which day/time the club will run its league meetings?

If there's no floodlights then there's only 2 choices in reality!  

3 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

Midday on Sunday. I think they can only run a maximum of 2 Sundays per month. The idea is to run juniors after the NL meeting until 4pm.

I think they are also allowed to practice 1 day during the week.

19 minutes ago, flipper11 said:

Midday on Sunday. I think they can only run a maximum of 2 Sundays per month. The idea is to run juniors after the NL meeting until 4pm.

I think they are also allowed to practice 1 day during the week.

Thanks. Midday on Sunday is an unusual time but I could well see that working for many; especially if you pay for a NDL match and can see junior racing after. Would appear to offer value for money. Saturday afternoons are, I suppose, carved up by football but would there be a possibility of some Saturday action in the summer? Could start at 5, I guess, and still get a meeting in before darkness falls.

49 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

Thanks. Midday on Sunday is an unusual time but I could well see that working for many; especially if you pay for a NDL match and can see junior racing after. Would appear to offer value for money. Saturday afternoons are, I suppose, carved up by football but would there be a possibility of some Saturday action in the summer? Could start at 5, I guess, and still get a meeting in before darkness falls.

I believe It is all about working within the existing planning restrictions.

Midday start would give time for Development meetings/practice. 

21 minutes ago, flipper11 said:

I believe It is all about working within the existing planning restrictions.

Midday start would give time for Development meetings/practice. 

Makes sense to work with what you have in terms of planning. The planning department in that part of Kent tied the Central Park operation down to a very narrow period of time.Noon start on a Sunday would also mean fans could move on to one of the north Kent seaside places later in the afternoon, if the weather was ok.

10 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

Sundays at 12 Noon.

• Like 1

This weeks Speedway Star has a couple of pages on Kent Royals confirming Sunday meetings start 12:00 end 16:00.

Worthwhile read with Simon talking about his plans.

4 minutes ago, FinnThomsen said:

This weeks Speedway Star has a couple of pages on Kent Royals confirming Sunday meetings start 12:00 end 16:00.

Worthwhile read with Simon talking about his plans.

Thanks - I will look out for that when mine comes.

On 12/30/2021 at 10:40 AM, FromBendThree said:

Thanks - I will look out for that when mine comes.

Unable to to get the SS. Any news on team building as it's gone very quiet. Other teams seem to be signing daily. Who will be left for Kent?

13 minutes ago, Old Crusader said:

Unable to to get the SS. Any news on team building as it's gone very quiet. Other teams seem to be signing daily. Who will be left for Kent?

Funny named two riders....and all quiet since?

Maybe having trouble getting a team together!

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 9:59 AM, blueherb777 said:

Funny named two riders....and all quiet since?

Maybe having trouble getting a team together!

Theres not a lot of NDL standard talent out there waiting to be signed, so could struggle for a "competitive" team. But putting a team together is easy, just pick 5 x 3.00 men & lose each week (save on points money).

Edited by szkocjasid

14 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Theres not a lot of NDL standard talent out there waiting to be signed, so could struggle for a "competitive" team. But putting a team together is easy, just pick 5 x 3.00 men & lose each week (save on points money).

With Armadale probably lining up close to last year it just leaves the remaining riders to split between Oxford and Kent. With Kent having 2 named and Spooner widely believed at Oxford that only leaves 3 heat leader riders to find, couple of 2nd strings and the reserves. Active riders like RTD, Harris, Powell, Stoneman could fill those voids with other comebacks potentially happening also. Biggest questions will be over the reserves positions and if there is any new/ready riders or if they will use older / previous experience ones?  

1 hour ago, StrangerKings said:

Alfie Bowtell signed up. Good to have him on board :)

Great signing, with a big top 2 can afford to fill the bottom end with more 3.00 riders!

• Like 1