British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Number 8 for each team and Junior League

On 2/28/2022 at 4:49 PM, szkocjasid said:

I've read clubs stating the number 8 will be at each match, Wolves I'm sure said that for example!

Was said at the STARRS meeting at Sheffield last night as well

Stead said he hoped Dan Thompson would learn from just being around the other riders in the pits

2 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Yep….014.1.2. section C.

I feel like we are getting off track and potentially agreeing with the same thing? 

The likely team make up is going to be 1 x 4 star rider then 3 x 1 star riders (be they 15 or otherwise) . Sadly even with some highly talented youngsters its still likely to be diverse in levels of ability.

I have been at Belle Vue tonight. There was no trace of number 8s on either team and no junior league. Have both these things been abolished before they started?

9 hours ago, BuxtonTiger said:

I have been at Belle Vue tonight. There was no trace of number 8s on either team and no junior league. Have both these things been abolished before they started?

Dan Thompson was there, fully kitted out and ready to race.

On 3/28/2022 at 11:02 PM, BuxtonTiger said:

Belle Vue only have to race 2 home PJL fixtures, they won't be racing in even a quarter of the fixtures!

On 3/29/2022 at 8:57 AM, oleoleole said:

Dan Thompson was there, fully kitted out.

He was.   This seemed very strange as he wasn't riding in the meeting, but was walking around the pits in his kevlars. 

At a push I can perhaps understand Sheffield wanting him in the pits to watch and learn, but it seemed very odd that he was wearing his kevlars even though he was only there as a spectator.

47 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

He was.   This seemed very strange as he wasn't riding in the meeting, but was walking around the pits in his kevlars. 

At a push I can perhaps understand Sheffield wanting him in the pits to watch and learn, but it seemed very odd that he was wearing his kevlars even though he was only there as a spectator.

Dan could have taken a ride, particularly a better scenario if a Reserve had got injured in Heat 2.

Sheffield were using rider replacement, so presumably Dan could have been the additional rider allowed in these circumstances.

2 hours ago, Gambo said:

Dan could have taken a ride, particularly a better scenario if a Reserve had got injured in Heat 2.

Under what rule? I think you've dreamt this.

45 minutes ago, arnieg said:

The No.8 rule when using R/R.

I must admit that I was also factoring in what I had heard pre-season about the No.8 being present at a track, even without R/R.

Edited by Gambo
Clarification

2 hours ago, Gambo said:

No he couldn't.    Teams can use either the rising star or No.8 on a match-by-match basis, but they can't swap during a match.     Once the teams had chosen Connor Mountain and Tom Brennan to ride at No.7, there was no way Dan Thompson or COnnor Bailey could be involved.

1 hour ago, RS50 said:

Sheffield were using rider replacement, so presumably Dan could have been the additional rider allowed in these circumstances.

No.   The additional rider (AR) has to have a Championship average not exceeding 3.00.   Dan Thompson is too high to be the AR.

46 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Definitely dreamt it.

Chris Louis said last week at the Ipswich Pre Season function that No.8 (Danyon) had to be named in the match team declaration and could take a ride for any of the 1-7 for any reason. 

10 hours ago, Tom Thumb said:

Chris Louis said last week at the Ipswich Pre Season function that No.8 (Danyon) had to be named in the match team declaration and could take a ride for any of the 1-7 for any reason. 

Can you quote the relevant regulation because I couldn't find it anywhere in the regulations.

11 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Can you quote the relevant regulation because I couldn't find it anywhere in the regulations.

Has this any relevance

Amendment to 2022 Regulations 012.4.3 Rider Replacement (RR) g) Premiership teams can nominate their own named Rising Star or a rider with a Championship average of 3.00 or below who is not declared in another Premiership 1-8 as an additional rider. (AR) Issued 29/03/22 by the SCB Office.