British Speedway Forum
Beowulf

Wolverhampton 2022

12 hours ago, Nickinho said:

I may be in the minority here but I think the Wolves look really good this season. I expect Becker to improve his average and Flint to take a huge leap forward (especially on the bigger tracks) and move above Douglas and Worrall in the averages. Wolves supporters should be very excited indeed.

I can't see Flint moving out of reserve but I think improvement is possible for most of the rider's except Morris. 

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

I can't see Flint moving out of reserve but I think improvement is possible for most of the rider's except Morris. 

Don't know why everyone is singling out Nick Morris, there is plenty of room for improvement with him. I really don't think Wolves have seen the best of him yet. Maybe this year we will.

11 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Don't know why everyone is singling out Nick Morris, there is plenty of room for improvement with him. I really don't think Wolves have seen the best of him yet. Maybe this year we will.

Because his current average is his level and has been for a while, solid consistent rider but can't see him improving now and he had a good season in my view, I don't think Masters had his best season which is why I think he may have a better one along with Becker, Douglas and Worrall who should improve on last season too. 

17 hours ago, Nickinho said:

I may be in the minority here but I think the Wolves look really good this season. I expect Becker to improve his average and Flint to take a huge leap forward (especially on the bigger tracks) and move above Douglas and Worrall in the averages. Wolves supporters should be very excited indeed.

I think Flint and Kemp will be at reserve all season. That doesn't mean they wont improve, just that it wont be enough to dislodge any of the top 5.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beowulf said:

I think Flint and Kemp will be at reserve all season. That doesn't mean they wont improve, just that it wont be enough to dislodge any of the top 5.

That would be the ideal scenario I imagine, especially if Flint does improve as expected but can remain there, more points, more confidence, more points money.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 7:15 AM, foreverblue said:

My money is on Flint to really become a top rider (7.00+ average) this season. He's great around the bigger tracks, really full throttle with little fear.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nickinho said:

My money is on Flint to really become a top rider (7.00+ average) this season. He's great around the bigger tracks, really full throttle with little fear.

I can see Flint getting a 7+ ave in the Champ, but certainly not in the Prem. Maybe 4.00 ave is more realistic for Wolves.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nickinho said:

That's a big ask.  :blink:

• Like 1

Do think the key to Wolves season is whether the reserves can hold their own. To say Leon can average 7 is just fanciful, be happy if he got to 5. Kemp last season averaged less than 4 not only in the top flight but also in the Championship. Going to be a challenge for them but they do both have potential.

The top 5 is fine and I’d be confident Becker can improve his average by more than a point and the other four could all add a little bit.

i think both Leon and Drew will finish with 5 - 5.5, both got so much improvement in them

On 1/17/2022 at 12:43 PM, Nickinho said:

When you see the seasoned riders that scraped a7 point ave last season Flint will have his work cut out to achieve 7+In the Premiership,he is a prospect though,but has tended to struggle on smaller tracks if he does not gate,which is important in both leagues.

Like Peterborough last year. 

As the potential to sweep everything up in its path. 

But also as the same potential to fail miserably. 

Be interesting to see which team shows up. 

I personally think wolves will be hard to beat 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

No8 being announced 7am tomorrow. Any ideas who it is? :unsure:

Joe Thompson apparently 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Like Peterborough last year. 

As the potential to sweep everything up in its path. 

But also as the same potential to fail miserably. 

Be interesting to see which team shows up. 

I personally think wolves will be hard to beat 

Once again Peterborough will be hard to beat especially at home.