British Speedway Forum
Beowulf

Wolverhampton 2022

1 hour ago, Col said:

I was going to ask if it was still that annoying Porky chap but clearly it is!

Kirkmanshulme Lane greyhound stadium was no better, possibly worse, it was as if you were below the track.  The home straight at Owlerton annoys me, but the view from the third/fourth bend is good.  Other than those I'd probably agree, although drudging my memory I don't remember Blunsdon or Station Road (that was what Long Eaton's track was called?) being any better.

Yeah, Porky, I think he's great lol Every track needs a Porky .....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Trees said:

Yeah, Porky, I think he's great lol Every track needs a Porky .....

I'm a little bit Porky,does that count:lol:

• Haha 1

Following the practice there was a picture in the paper of Steve Worrall. His number was 5, which is an interesting choice as he would be riding with the reserves. There would be pressure on him to produce heat leader scores.

This means either Morris,Becker or Douglas would be at 2, which is a strong start to the meeting.  

8 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Following the practice there was a picture in the paper of Steve Worrall. His number was 5, which is an interesting choice as he would be riding with the reserves. There would be pressure on him to produce heat leader scores.

This means either Morris,Becker or Douglas would be at 2, which is a strong start to the meeting.  

Becker was wearing 2 at practice, Morris 3 and Dougie 4

11 minutes ago, Red Flag said:

Becker was wearing 2 at practice, Morris 3 and Dougie 4

I would prefer Becker at 4. I think hes going to improve again and I would like to use later in the meeting. We shall see, Peter Adams is usually right !

15 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

I would prefer Becker at 4. I think hes going to improve again and I would like to use later in the meeting. We shall see, Peter Adams is usually right !

I think there is improvement in both Becker and Dougie, Morris’s has perhaps reached his level I think

56 minutes ago, Red Flag said:

I think there is improvement in both Becker and Dougie, Morris’s has perhaps reached his level I think

Yes I agree there is improvement left in Douglas, just think Becker has a higher ceiling and is younger. Also agree about Morris, think his level now is as seen last season.

12 hours ago, Red Flag said:

Any news from the talk in on Tuesday?

CVS mentioned that there are to be no more drawn matches, at the behest of TV (apologies if this is already in the public domain; it was new to me). Drawn match to be settled by a heat 16 with the 4-3-2-0 scoring (or they could be there all night!). Wolves voted against but lost the day; Peter Adams looked particularly miffed (as the architect of the previous system) but said he bowed to a democratic majority.

• Like 1

SJH00098

• Like 1

1. Sam Masters

2. Luke Becker

3. Nick Morris

4. Ryan Douglas

5. Steve Worrall

6. Drew Kemp

7. Leon Flint

8. Joe Thompson

Seems a strange riding order to me, but good luck for 2022 :t:

FWIW I'm happy as it is; I like the Morris/Douglas engine room and putting Worrall at five is like a vote of confidence in him, which should help at a new club. 

I think the change of track will do him good; it's no reflection on Belle Vue but sometimes a long relationship can go stale and it may suit both parties to split.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fourentee said:

FWIW I'm happy as it is; I like the Morris/Douglas engine room and putting Worrall at five is like a vote of confidence in him, which should help at a new club. 

I think the change of track will do him good; it's no reflection on Belle Vue but sometimes a long relationship can go stale and it may suit both parties to split.

Well I suppose it won't be long before we find out if that confidence is misplaced or not. :blink: I personally would have put Morris at 5, although he increased his average last year, I somehow felt it was a disappointing season. Time for him to step up and take responsibility and become a genuine heat leader again (if he has it in him). Becker at no 2 not being used to our best advantage I feel.

• Like 1

I'd have personally gone

1. Sam Masters

2. Steve Worrall

3. Ryan Douglas

4. Luke Becker

5. Nick Morris

6. Drew Kemp

7. Leon Flint

8. Joe Thompson