British Speedway Forum
Beowulf

Wolverhampton 2022

Need a thread for, and by Wolves fans, not some troll from Peterborough. 

Comments from the talk-in @ the Cleveland Arms tonight:-

Drew Kemp is the new signing to ride along side Leon Flint at reserve.

Ipswich told him it might be best to “have a season away”

Wolverhampton is not his favourite track, does not like tight technical tracks!

Broc Nicol has been released.

Jacob Thorsell is not an option due to the availability and cost of flights, they are not at pre-covid levels.

The full team is decided, may be released end of December, beginning of January.

Tai Woffinden – Peter Adams will again be helping him next year to try and regain the World Title. Expects the GP schedule to be similar to this year.

Ryan Douglas currently self-isolating in a hotel in Australia for 2 weeks.

Lots of friction between the Premiership and Championship clubs.

Alan Grahame – Peter Adams shared his memories. Grahame was always late arriving at meetings. His funeral was scheduled for 9:00 am. Hearse arrived at 9:20.

One of the main reasons for the supporters trust is distant fans. CVS constantly surprised at online orders for merchandise, recently sent stuff to New Zealand and Australia. This will be a way for these fans to support/help the club whilst not being able to attend meetings.

The speedway office needs replacing, the supporters club will be able to help with the cost.

Programme – will continue to use the current printers. The Wolves programme retains the “old size” whilst everyone else uses the larger size. I prefer the traditional size.

Musielak, or any other Polish rider, not an option due to the influence exerted by Polish clubs.

Number 8 – currently talking to a 17 old. Expect him to be No 1 for the junior side.

Number 8 – no restrictions to their use, use them whenever you wish.

Due to restrictions with access the track staff arrive at the stadium at 6:00 on Sunday and Monday.

Highlight for CVS, new toilets in the upstairs bar. This is a major step forward.

The people who leave after heat 14 are really annoying with their red brake lights causing a problem for the riders. Another 5 minutes wouldn’t hurt would it?  

2 tracks were considered for additions to the PL. CVS hopeful that in a year or two, the PL could have 8/9 tracks.

Peter Adams – in years to come Rory Schlein will be recognised as one of the best ever Wolves captains.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Drew Kemp is the new signing to ride along side Leon Flint at reserve.

Ipswich told him it might be best to “have a season away”

Wolverhampton is not his favourite track, does not like tight technical tracks!

“The Wolves track is somewhere that I like and that started when I had a handful of meetings riding for Cradley there in 2018.

“I know it’s a completely different level, but I still won plenty of races around there and it’s somewhere I always turn up feeling pretty confident that I’m going to do well.

“I had a couple of good scores there for Ipswich this year too and I’m really looking forward to that being my home track in the Premiership.”

Slight contradiction there? 

http://www.wolverhampton-speedway.com/news.php?extend.3441

Edited by Arch Stanton
Link to article
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

“The Wolves track is somewhere that I like and that started when I had a handful of meetings riding for Cradley there in 2018.

“I know it’s a completely different level, but I still won plenty of races around there and it’s somewhere I always turn up feeling pretty confident that I’m going to do well.

“I had a couple of good scores there for Ipswich this year too and I’m really looking forward to that being my home track in the Premiership.”

Slight contradiction there? 

http://www.wolverhampton-speedway.com/news.php?extend.3441

Well, I can only tell you what he said !

1 minute ago, Beowulf said:

Well, I can only tell you what he said !

Well yes I know, never said I didn’t believe you, but a slight contradiction to what is quoted on the official site don’t you think?

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Well yes I know, never said I didn’t believe you, but a slight contradiction to what is quoted on the official site don’t you think?

Of course there is, but maybe the "official line" is a positive spin, as you would expect, why highlight any negative ? At the end of the day he is a Wolves rider for 2022 and I wish him the very best. 

I have noted pretty detailed  info in my comments about the talk-in, quite simply, I did not mis-hear or mis-interpret what he said (despite being on my 2nd pint:cheers:)

2 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Of course there is, but maybe the "official line" is a positive spin, as you would expect, why highlight any negative ? At the end of the day he is a Wolves rider for 2022 and I wish him the very best. 

I have noted pretty detailed  info in my comments about the talk-in, quite simply, I did not mis-hear or mis-interpret what he said (despite being on my 2nd pint:cheers:)

Stop getting all defensive, I’m not disputing what you heard or what you’ve said. I’m simply saying there is a contradiction to what you’ve heard this evening, to what has been quoted on the official site. The official site can’t put a “positive spin” on it, as they’ve quoted him. He either said what’s on the site or he didn’t. 

Had his best away score at Wolves this year and seems to go well there, so seems a good fit, despite either liking or disliking :P The track. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

Stop getting all defensive, I’m not disputing what you heard or what you’ve said. I’m simply saying there is a contradiction to what you’ve heard this evening, to what has been quoted on the official site. The official site can’t put a “positive spin” on it, as they’ve quoted him. He either said what’s on the site or he didn’t. 

Had his best away score at Wolves this year and seems to go well there, so seems a good fit, despite either liking or disliking :P The track. 

I don't need to be defensive, I am telling you what he said, end of story. I can't comment on what is on the official site. Why on earth do I need to make stuff up, after all that is the remit of KOFT and KSF.

10 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

I don't need to be defensive, I am telling you what he said, end of story. I can't comment on what is on the official site. Why on earth do I need to make stuff up, after all that is the remit of KOFT and KSF.

Again, I never once said you did.  You clearly haven’t read what I’ve said properly. 

24 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Ahh there we go. Time for bed sunshine. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

11 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Beowulf - Drew doesn't like technical tracks.

Drew Kemp - “The Wolves track is somewhere that I like and that started when I had a handful of meetings riding for Cradley there in 2018.

Oh and Drew rode for Eastbourne, Edinburgh & Ipswich last season which all happen to be technical tracks as well.

Take the L, Call it a night and sleep off your diet coke hangover.

So with Douglas, Kemp and Flint now confirmed how many points do we have to play with? Not sure what average Kemp comes in on

Masters, Morris, Douglas, Becker, Worrall, Kemp, Flint

Seems like that would be a decent team to me as long as the reserves hold their own