British Speedway Forum
Beowulf

Wolverhampton 2022

7 hours ago, DJWolves said:

Masters, Morris, Douglas, Becker, Worrall, Kemp, Flint

Seems like that would be a decent team to me as long as the reserves hold their own

That's the team

It needs Masters Morris and Worrall to maintain their form Becker and Duggo to improve and one of Kemp or Flint to be good if every meeting to have a chance of winning anything through 

35 minutes ago, noaksey said:

That's the team

It needs Masters Morris and Worrall to maintain their form Becker and Duggo to improve and one of Kemp or Flint to be good if every meeting to have a chance of winning anything through 

Oooh that's tough on the reserves. I would have thought there is a good chance of Worrall upping his average, it's quite low for him. 

Edited by lisa-colette

48 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Oooh that's tough on the reserves. I would have thought there is a good chance of Worrall upping his average, it's quite low for him. 

Maybe. I'm not sure he will do enough away to do that. He'll hold his own at Monmore

On 11/29/2021 at 11:30 PM, Beowulf said:

Peter Adams – in years to come Rory Schlein will be recognised as one of the best ever Wolves captains.

Really? Been there how long? 4 years?  Super Troopah & Ermolenko? Correy? Lindgren?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DJWolves said:

Masters, Morris, Douglas, Becker, Worrall, Kemp, Flint

Oh. Dear.

Worrall replaces Schlien & Kemp replaces Nicol.

• Like 2

wrong thread, sorry.

Edited by SPEEDY69
wrong thread

On 12/4/2021 at 6:57 PM, noaksey said:

That's the team

No improvement in Masters, Morris or Worrall. Pressure on Becker and Douglas to improve, but one of them will have to do it riding as a heat leader.

It's a solid Championship line-up, masquerading as a Premiership team! 

53 minutes ago, Lefty said:

It's a solid Championship line-up, masquerading as a Premiership team! 

Lets be serious, this is hardly a "solid" Championship side!

Wolverhampton  
Luke Becker 10.43
Sam Masters 9.41
Steve Worrall 9.05
Nick Morris 8.61
Ryan Douglas 7.74
Leon Flint 5.89
Drew Kemp 3.72
Total 54.85
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Beowulf said:

No improvement in Masters, Morris or Worrall. Pressure on Becker and Douglas to improve, but one of them will have to do it riding as a heat leader.

That's why I said maintain for those 3

No reason that either Becker or Duggo won't improve to heat leader, Duggo probably the most likely for me.

The reserves are intriguing though. Anything could happen there 

I think Becker will be the biggest improver in the team. See him becoming a heat leader next season for sure

15 hours ago, noaksey said:

That's why I said maintain for those 3

No reason that either Becker or Duggo won't improve to heat leader, Duggo probably the most likely for me.

The reserves are intriguing though. Anything could happen there 

12 hours ago, DJWolves said:

I think Becker will be the biggest improver in the team. See him becoming a heat leader next season for sure

One of Becker or Douglas will have to start the season as a heat leader in the team leading to additional pressure. I do have faith in both of them improving though, with Becker I think having more potential.

21 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

One of Becker or Douglas will have to start the season as a heat leader in the team leading to additional pressure. I do have faith in both of them improving though, with Becker I think having more potential.

Be interesting to see the Wolves pairings 

I'd go with...

1. Sam Masters

2. Steve Worrall

3. Ryan Douglas

4. Luke Becker

5. Nick Morris

6. Drew Kemp

7. Leon Flint

And just hope that Ryan Douglas turns out to have had a massive upgrade over the winter... He's a great young rider, but maybe there's gonna be too much pressure on one or two in that team? The reserves included... Luke Becker should be a great number 4 and Steve can hopefully settle into the number 2 spot and come back to his former self... Sam is a decent number 1, never too convinced with Nick though, he can be brilliant or disappointing, which isn't ideal for a number 5 in an already weakish side... Reserves would have been brilliant if it was 2 RS... But both of them might struggle to be the senior reserve...

Disappointed because Wolves generally put good teams out on paper, they're my favourite top flight team generally...

Edited by Diamonds85

47 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

I'd go with...

1. Sam Masters

2. Steve Worrall

3. Ryan Douglas

4. Luke Becker

5. Nick Morris

6. Drew Kemp

7. Leon Flint

And just hope that Ryan Douglas turns out to have had a massive upgrade over the winter... He's a great young rider, but maybe there's gonna be too much pressure on one or two in that team? The reserves included... Luke Becker should be a great number 4 and Steve can hopefully settle into the number 2 spot and come back to his former self... Sam is a decent number 1, never too convinced with Nick though, he can be brilliant or disappointing, which isn't ideal for a number 5 in an already weakish side... Reserves would have been brilliant if it was 2 RS... But both of them might struggle to be the senior reserve...

Disappointed because Wolves generally put good teams out on paper, they're my favourite top flight team generally...

Didn't realise Douglas is 28, so not really a young rider. Still worth having him in the team though. Agree with your pairings, possibly swap Becker and Douglas around.