British Speedway Forum
Beowulf

Wolverhampton 2022

1 minute ago, noaksey said:

Personally I'd agree but I reckon Worrall will be either 3 or 4 

Not sure who would you put at No2?

1 hour ago, noaksey said:

Personally I'd agree but I reckon Worrall will be either 3 or 4 

Well I suppose Adams could surprise us. The idea of Masters and Worrall together would be your top rider with your weakest rider ( of the top 5) to give a balanced pairing.  

1 hour ago, TINYS said:

So Wolverhampton will run in a six team league after all.

Glad to see that you are you to date with the latest news. :t:

I’ve lost track, now. Other than Ryan Douglas Leon Flint, has any others of the Wolves 1-7 been announced yet? And why is no one mentioning Norick Blodorn who was invited over to ride at the two CVS tracks (as well as BV)?

2022 has to be the year that Ryan Douglas moves up a gear. Although no longer a young man in speedway terms, he really started to show heat leader form towards the end of this year. I think it could be a fight between him and Luke Becker for the. number one spot with Sam Masters and Nick Morris being left in their wake.

If the top four are Masters, Morris, Douglas and Becker, that looks pretty strong and I reckon still leaves around 9.6 points for places 5 and 6, more if they can find a couple of Brits. If Stevie comes in as the 5th averaged rider then that top 5 just about matches Sheffield’s who many seem to think are the bolt-on league winners. 
To me, although British speedway is undoubtedly running at a lower level than Poland the teams being announced should still deliver some exciting meetings. All BSPL needs to do now is to promote them to a wider audience……well, I can dream, can’t I?

3 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

I’ve lost track, now. Other than Ryan Douglas Leon Flint, has any others of the Wolves 1-7 been announced yet? And why is no one mentioning Norick Blodorn who was invited over to ride at the two CVS tracks (as well as BV)?

2022 has to be the year that Ryan Douglas moves up a gear. Although no longer a young man in speedway terms, he really started to show heat leader form towards the end of this year. I think it could be a fight between him and Luke Becker for the. number one spot with Sam Masters and Nick Morris being left in their wake.

If the top four are Masters, Morris, Douglas and Becker, that looks pretty strong and I reckon still leaves around 9.6 points for places 5 and 6, more if they can find a couple of Brits. If Stevie comes in as the 5th averaged rider then that top 5 just about matches Sheffield’s who many seem to think are the bolt-on league winners. 
To me, although British speedway is undoubtedly running at a lower level than Poland the teams being announced should still deliver some exciting meetings. All BSPL needs to do now is to promote them to a wider audience……well, I can dream, can’t I?

Drew Kemp has been announced as one of the reserves

On 12/8/2021 at 9:19 AM, Wee Eck said:

I think its fairly obvious the team is :-

1 Masters

2 Worrall

3 Becker

4 Douglas

5 Morris

6 Kemp

7 Flint

The only discussion now in the thread is the riding order !

Not obvious what the best riding order is. I think Becker and Worrall would make a good pairing at 3&4. The number 5 is key because they ride three times with the reserves. I would probably go for Morris with the possibility of changing that if Douglas improves as we hope he will.

2 hours ago, DJWolves said:

We are obliged to name a number 8 for the new season. No idea who would be a good choice for that

CVS said at meeting that they'd signed a 17 year old who will be the number 1 in the junior side and as the number 8 in first team.

2 hours ago, DJWolves said:

We are obliged to name a number 8 for the new season. No idea who would be a good choice for that

At the Cleveland talk-in said they said they were talking to a 17 year old who also be number 1 for the junior side.

42 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

At the Cleveland talk-in said they said they were talking to a 17 year old who also be number 1 for the junior side.

Joe Thompson surely? (other 17 year olds available include Nathan Ablitt, Harry McGurk, Archie Freeman, Sam Hagon)