British Speedway Forum
Beowulf

Wolverhampton 2022

Looks a good side to me if Becker is the last rider, maybe a slight weakness at reserve but both reserves have plenty of scope to improve.

Edited by foreverblue

Last rider to be announced later this week,surely has to be Becker.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

Last rider to be announced later this week,surely has to be Becker.

Needs to be. I think only Becker and Douglas are capable of improving their averages ( in the top5). Masters, Worrall and Morris peaked ?

I know this isn't the be all and end all, but last season, according to Peter Adams, the top 6 all increased their averages and we didn't even get to the final !

5 hours ago, Beowulf said:

.... I know this isn't the be all and end all, but last season, according to Peter Adams, the top 6 all increased their averages and we didn't even get to the final !

Perhaps 'cynical' average manipulation to keep Douglas at reserve for the play offs would have been enough to negate the Dad's Army strength at reserve?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lefty said:

Perhaps 'cynical' average manipulation to keep Douglas at reserve for the play offs would have been enough to negate the Dad's Army strength at reserve?

Still can't see how you would have won , Peterborough had too much strength, i thought Masters and Morris let you down more than Nicol. 

Edited by foreverblue

Unsurprisingly, Luke Becker completes the team as confirmed on the official site this morning.

• Like 1

Looks a good side with improvement in most of the rider's, even Masters could be better than he showed last season, the only rider who may not improve is probably Morris. 

Wolves will be entertaining and competitive again but not league contenders imo, worrall and kemp replacing Schlein and Nicol makes them a bit weaker than last season where they eventually fell short come the play offs

36 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Wolves will be entertaining and competitive again but not league contenders imo, worrall and kemp replacing Schlein and Nicol makes them a bit weaker than last season where they eventually fell short come the play offs

It could be claimed Peteborough are weaker too.

4 hours ago, Beowulf said:

It could be claimed Peteborough are weaker too.

Without a doubt, sheffield and ipswich much stronger than last season tho, kings Lynn not looking like front runners but they won’t be whipping boys next season, going to be a much more open season and imo wolves will be weaker this year than last

Edited by 89buttons

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

Without a doubt, sheffield and ipswich much stronger than last season tho, kings Lynn not looking like front runners but they won’t be whipping boys next season, going to be a much more open season and imo wolves will be weaker this year than last

Ipswich should have the top rider in the league with Doyle, so that's obviously a great start. Question marks however over Riss, Batchelor and Heeps.

I may be in the minority here but I think the Wolves look really good this season. I expect Becker to improve his average and Flint to take a huge leap forward (especially on the bigger tracks) and move above Douglas and Worrall in the averages. Wolves supporters should be very excited indeed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nickinho said:

I may be in the minority here but I think the Wolves look really good this season. I expect Becker to improve his average and Flint to take a huge leap forward (especially on the bigger tracks) and move above Douglas and Worrall in the averages. Wolves supporters should be very excited indeed.

If Flint moves above those 2 in the averages then wolves are having a poor season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Flint will have to improve some to move above Douglas and Worrel in the averages.