British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Potential stadiums

17 hours ago, uk_martin said:

I've said for a while that the BSPZzz should adopt the American sports business model, and become the sports promotion organisation that oversees all clubs. Existing promoters would be co-shareholders according to their contribution into the pot and "franchisees" for their original teams. If that were to happen then the risks would be shared, as would the rewards. Not to mention the abolishment of self centred attitudes. 

That said, I'd still venture to guess that finding a venue these days, is a whole site easier than finding 7 or 8 additional riders to make up a competitive team. 

Always thought that is what I would try and do if I won the £100m+ jackpot on the Euromillions.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, uk_martin said:

I've said for a while that the BSPZzz should adopt the American sports business model, and become the sports promotion organisation that oversees all clubs. Existing promoters would be co-shareholders according to their contribution into the pot and "franchisees" for their original teams. If that were to happen then the risks would be shared, as would the rewards. Not to mention the abolishment of self centred attitudes. 

That said, I'd still venture to guess that finding a venue these days, is a whole site easier than finding 7 or 8 additional riders to make up a competitive team. 

The perfect scenario for a sport at this level, and ran like Speedway is..

And has been that way for many, many years..

Due to the way it is ran, winning a title gains very little reward of any distinction in regards to financial attainment, wider publicity, and kudos...

And that isnt going to change anytime soon...

So just ensure all tracks are supported to be viable and competitive and then, hopefully, as the sport gains stability, other tracks can be attracted as and when opportunity arises...

With each of them being given support to hit the ground running...

You can have "poor teams" in major sports as there will always be a 'Manchester United' or a 'New York Yankees' to keep the sport at the forefront of peoples awareness..

Teams whose own millions of followers will always keep the sponsors and media flooding in to follow it..

Speedway should just concentrate on building every teams' core supporter base by working together.. 

18 teams all getting 500 more a week is 9000 extra punters following the sport..

No individual team will grow their business by anywhere near that number, even if going unbeaten all year...