Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BartoszZmarzlikFan

2022 PREMIERSHIP Predict the finishing order

45 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Yes it is Harris

5 & 6 are partnered twice but reserve replacements could keep them apart anyway.

Sheffield

Peterborough

Ipswich

Belle Vue

Wolves

Kings Lynn (could be a bad year with their football team getting relegated too)

So here we go with my prediction, based upon the line up at present

Sheffield

Ipswich 

Wolves 

Peterborough

Belle Vue

Kings Lynn

I have my team Sheffield at the top purely based upon the top 5 in the team.

Ipswich 2nd, they have quality number 1, and there are number of their riders that are on false averages.

Wolves 3rd due to home track advantage.

Peterborough 4th I don't see them repeating last years title win and if Belle Vue or Kings Lynn strengthen I don't see them making the Play Offs.

Belle Vue 5th if they can get a proper heatleader in to replace Etheridge/ Allen then replace Peterborough for a Play Off spot.

Kings Lynn 6th basically down to the fact that I am not convinced that Kildamand will be back to replace Iversen. 

Late to the table to pick but here goes. Prior to play offs.

1. Sheffield - on paper by far the strongest 1-7. Such a strong top 5 and if Nielsen stays fit are going to be a tough team to beat.

2. Peterborough- look stronger to me with Basso likely to be a big hit (given what we have seen so far as extra evidence). Palin is only going to improve more too. Solid throughout.

3. Wolves - a slight downgrade from last season. Worrall I think will do exactly as he usually does. Great reserve pairing with tons of potential.

4. Ipswich - Doyle should ensure they have a chance late on in meetings and a great top 2 with King. Going to depend on the likes of Batch and Heeps as to how much they will feature this year.

5. Kings Lynn - Iversen needs a season of no injury as it’s decimated his career the past 3 seasons. But way better than Kildemand so a huge step up. 
6. Belle Vue - waiting on Bewley was the worst thing to do for the team so a costly mistake. Will need to strengthen up once the season gets going. Looks awful on paper.

10 hours ago, stevebrum said:

1. Sheffield - on paper by far the strongest 1-7. Such a strong top 5 and if Nielsen stays fit are going to be a tough team to beat.

2. Peterborough- look stronger to me with Basso likely to be a big hit (given what we have seen so far as extra evidence). Palin is only going to improve more too. Solid throughout.

3. Wolves - a slight downgrade from last season. Worrall I think will do exactly as he usually does. Great reserve pairing with tons of potential.

4. Ipswich - Doyle should ensure they have a chance late on in meetings and a great top 2 with King. Going to depend on the likes of Batch and Heeps as to how much they will feature this year.

5. Kings Lynn - Iversen needs a season of no injury as it’s decimated his career the past 3 seasons. But way better than Kildemand so a huge step up. 
6. Belle Vue - waiting on Bewley was the worst thing to do for the team so a costly mistake. Will need to strengthen up once the season gets going. Looks awful on paper.

Hard to disagree. Top 2 should be clear and then 3-6 will be a big battle of recruitment as well as on track 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stevebrum said:

NKI can't do a season he has said, and is on a 28 day thing. I think it runs out sometime in the last week of April. Killer is riding in Poland now, so fit. So could be back for the Ippo meeting on the 25th i think.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

NKI can't do a season he has said, and is on a 28 day thing. I think it runs out sometime in the last week of April. Killer is riding in Poland now, so fit. So could be back for the Ippo meeting on the 25th i think.

Thanks for that update, I’d forgotten it’s a 28 day replacement. Certainly changes my thoughts on KL unless PK is able to find some form. Be interesting to see how he goes if and when he comes back. 

• Like 1

My view on Teams

Belle Vue - Reasonable top three and Brennan should improve but the others all have question marks including the manager.

Ipswich - A good top two and I think Riss could be better this year but it all depends on Batchelor, best of luck with that one.

Kings Lynn - Look better than last year but if and when Iversen goes I see them struggling again unless Kildemand returns.

Peterborough - Solid team with the best manager in the League and two up and coming reserves, it would be unwise to write them off again.

Sheffield - Look very good on paper with a powerful top five but league titles are not won on paper, commitment of certain riders could be suspect.

Wolverhampton - Another solid looking team but will rely on Becker and Douglas to seriously up their games to ensure success.

16 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Still think Belle vue will be top four 

Agree,not many teams finish season on what they started with,aces will be up there ,too many ausies to spoon it

3 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

Agree,not many teams finish season on what they started with,aces will be up there ,too many ausies to spoon it

well said, ironically we or any team can finish in the top 4, but still be 3rd from bottom.:D

1. Sheffield - Looks solid. Holder, Ellis, Howarth, Cook and Musielak is a strong top five. Reserve pairing will need to settle and develop into the team but with that top 5 - The team to beat. 

2. Peterborough - Dad's Army Season 2 - If Basso can take to the Showground looks like a strong team built around the same strength in depth policy that served them so well last season. 

3. Belle Vue - Fricke, Kurtz, provides a strong top 2. Wright + Etheridge need to offer a little more consistency and I think Brennan will come on again as RS. 

4.Wolverhampton - As ever home advantage at Monmore. Need Morris, Becker + Douglas to improve away to be competitive. Think home form may squeak them a play-off spot. 

5. Ipswich  - Doyle & King should see Ipswich with enough strength at home to win but need significant improvement from Batchelor, Riss and Heeps to stay competitive away from Foxhall. 

6. King's Lynn - Start strong at reserve with Worrall and Lawson is an excellent heat-leader but the top 5 doesn't look as strong as other teams. 

1  Sheffield

2  Kings Lynn

3  Wolves

4  Peterboro

5  Ipswich

6 Belle Vue

Thats my view on recent  results.....

3 hours ago, Bluenose said:

1  Sheffield

2  Kings Lynn

3  Wolves

4  Peterboro

5  Ipswich

6 Belle Vue

If we are basing it on results and Zagar coming then I go..

1. Sheffield

2. Peterborough

3. Wolves

4.BV

5. King's Lynn

6. Ipswich

But very close between 3rd, 4th and 5th!!

Edited by lisa-colette

3 hours ago, Bluenose said:

1  Sheffield

2  Kings Lynn

3  Wolves

4  Peterboro

5  Ipswich

6 Belle Vue

King's Lynn are losing Iversen with no viable replacement. 

Will be a scrap for 4th between Belle Vue, Ipswich & King's Lynn