British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

European Ice Racing championship Tomaszow Mazowiecki Poland Saturday 4th December live on TV

They had three little tractors this year. Big improvement of last year, but they have to add more to speed it up a little. Crazy amount of crashes also realy dragged the meeting.

Only half of the field had some practice in either Sweden or Russia, and riders where clearly a little rusty. 

Nice weekend though in Tomaszow :)

Russian season will kick-off next weekend in Kamensk Uralsky, and Hans Weber will be the only non-Russian competing and is now on his way.

Talking to most of the non-Rusians it seems that most will head to Sweden for practice, and also competing in the Swedish league meetings in January.

Edited by DutchGrasstrack

54 minutes ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

They had three little tractors this year. Big improvement of last year, but they have to add more to speed it up a little. Crazy amount of crashes also realy dragged the meeting.

Only half of the field had some practice in either Sweden or Russia, and riders where clearly a little rusty. 

Nice weekend though in Tomaszow :)

Russian season will kick-off next weekend in Kamensk Uralsky, and Hans Weber will be the only non-Russian competing and is now on his way.

Talking to most of the non-Rusians it seems that most will head to Sweden for practice, and also competing in the Swedish league meetings in January.

Where did you get the incorrect riding order from ? it caused me a lot of confusion :D

Edited by racers and royals

From FIM Europe. Apparently some federations switched riders. Very confusing indeed.

14 minutes ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

From FIM Europe. Apparently some federations switched riders. Very confusing indeed.

They issued 525/01 on the 24th November- which was the correct one and i never saw any other issued - they should have told the federations to get stuffed.- Maybe the one you saw was dated prior to 24/11

Such a shame it was a poor meeting, if some of us who love ice speedway didn't enjoy it then it's hardly an advert for the sport :-(

11 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

Such a shame it was a poor meeting, if some of us who love ice speedway didn't enjoy it then it's hardly an advert for the sport :-(

As i said, a lot of riders thought it was the wrong time to hold such a meeting. But what i don't really understand, was they seemed to make their thoughts public very late in the day, when this has been planned for a good while from memory

16 minutes ago, iris123 said:

As i said, a lot of riders thought it was the wrong time to hold such a meeting. But what i don't really understand, was they seemed to make their thoughts public very late in the day, when this has been planned for a good while from memory

To be fair wasn`t the field very much 2nd division- the 2 rounds of the Russian super league this weekend should be better meetings to watch.

4 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

To be fair wasn`t the field very much 2nd division- the 2 rounds of the Russian super league this weekend should be better meetings to watch.

Yes, but i think the point was they wanted to get a bit more practice in before a proper meeting. Might have helped with the falls, and also the competetiveness to some extent

As i said, this meeting is though generally like having GP riders against Championship with a few novices to make up the field. You are never going to get brilliant racing

Agree on the super league though

Edited by iris123