British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

rowe just signed for Leicester and No Jack Thomas just signed for Oxford. Should of got Thomas but yet we sign Morris and Shanes. Best get 2 big names in. Kemp at reverse  

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Brummies23 said:

rowe just signed for Leicester and No Jack Thomas just signed for Oxford. Should of got Thomas but yet we sign Morris and Shanes. Best get 2 big names in. Kemp at reverse  

Kemp is going to Poole.

2 hours ago, mac101 said:

not at glasgow not riding over here next year 

What a shame....great potential.

59 minutes ago, Brummies23 said:

What a blow for B'ham!

10 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I'd imagine Paco is nailed on again, after that I'm scratching my head a bit 

Nathan ablitt maybe?

I don't think any signings Birmingham make will make you say "wow, what a great team we'll have" but should make you say "at least we have speedway"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Dog said:

I'd imagine Paco is nailed on again, after that I'm scratching my head a bit 

We'll probably end up having a past team re union and sign Wolbert and JPB

Edited by zlata prilba

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't think any signings Birmingham make will make you say "wow, what a great team we'll have" but should make you say "at least we have speedway"

But will that get the fans through the turnstiles? We had Harris and Riss last season and fans didn't come. I know Coronavirus was still lingering but we need a massive increase in spectators. 

give away tix in return for email addresses and bombard them every week. Get some posters up. Make up some stories for the papers. Remember Reading putting bans on riders getting married. Do anything to get in the heads of potential customers

BTW that goes for all tracks not just Birmingham

Edited by ch958
  • Like 1

At Coventry, it was suggested to Mick Horton that he gave away a couple of hundred free tickets to local schools, businesses etc to get them in and interested. Horton said he'd lose money because those people weren't paying. Couldn't get his head around the fact that those people weren't coming in the first place and all he would 'lose' was the cost of printing the tickets.... 

• Like 2

Its difficult to comment without sounding negative but....even if team building could/did start at the same time as all other teams the budget at Brum  is clearly tight as previously covered by rent and required attendances. 

I fully admire and respect the consortium for pushing ahead and i know a year away would have its negatives also but i can't help thinking a year to prepare and recruit might have yielded a team that people are willing to watch every week (in sufficient numbers).

• Like 2