British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

7 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

If Scunthorpe can I’m sure it’s possible.  

he wasnt british champ when we signed him...now he is we cant or wont

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ljriley90 said:

Dont shoot me all at once but available to riders to give a team which will have strong reserves

Auty

Castagna

Sedgman

Proctor / bates

Summers

Shanes

Morris

Based that on riders who rode last year and arent signed up for this year in championship. 

Does that work? Ideally you can drop proctor for a marquee number 1.

Paco has to be a shoe in as an entertainer and rode very well at PB second half of year

Summers has retired, Shanes and Morris have already signed with Birmingham and I think Ty Proctor won't be returning to British speedway next season. I still believe Bates, Castagna and Sedgmen have a lot to offer a team though and would be worth the risk in the middle order of a team.

• Like 1

Please....no Bates.... We need to sign riders that will improve on the ones we've already signed, so that's Sedgemen out also IMO....

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Please....no Bates.... We need to sign riders that will improve on the ones we've already signed, so that's Sedgemen out also IMO....

Problem is there doesn't appear to be too many options left, unless the management have a surprise signing lined up.

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Which riders are you suggesting? It’s very easy to say no to everyone, but much more difficult to offer alternatives.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyPresley said:

Which riders are you suggesting? It’s very easy to say no to everyone, but much more difficult to offer alternatives.

How can I make suggestions when I don't know who's available? 

12 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

How can I make suggestions when I don't know who's available? 

But of the riders you know to be available you dont fancy any? Small pool of riders available at this stage

45 minutes ago, ljriley90 said:

But of the riders you know to be available you dont fancy any? Small pool of riders available at this stage

How about Josh Grajczonek could be the number 1 you need?

Okay based on riders already signed and who I believe maybe available.

Adam Ellis 7.57

Josh Auty 7.16

Ash Morris 4.68

James Shanes 4.87

Paco Castangna 5.52

Claus Vissing 8.43

Dillon Ruml or Josh Macdonald 4.00

Of course a lot depend upon what the Promotion's budget is, but at the end of the day does anyone on this Forum know what Birmingham's budget is.

But it shows what can be achieved with building a team with possible riders out there, who don't have clubs in the Championship.  

5 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Good shout, always enjoyed him at bv. Gave it everything, any idea on average

2 minutes ago, spin king said:

Okay based on riders already signed and who I believe maybe available.

Adam Ellis 7.57

Josh Auty 7.16

Ash Morris 4.68

James Shanes 4.87

Paco Castangna 5.52

Claus Vissing 8.43

Dillon Ruml or Josh Macdonald 4.00

Of course a lot depend upon what the Promotion's budget is, but at the end of the day does anyone on this Forum know what Birmingham's budget is.

But it shows what can be achieved with building a team with possible riders out there, who don't have clubs in the Championship.  

Might be reading too much in to this but watched a highlights video of a french league match adam ellis rode in

He had meridian lifts as a sponsor on his kevlars, so im going to say he will be at poole

2 minutes ago, ljriley90 said:

Might be reading too much in to this but watched a highlights video of a french league match adam ellis rode in

He had meridian lifts as a sponsor on his kevlars, so im going to say he will be at poole

So does Hans Andersen, but he signed for Plymouth.

I believe that Poole will go with Steve Worrall, Danny King and Richard Lawson as their heatleader trio.

17 minutes ago, spin king said:

So does Hans Andersen, but he signed for Plymouth.

I believe that Poole will go with Steve Worrall, Danny King and Richard Lawson as their heatleader trio.

Like i say i might ne reading too much into it but it would be a poole type thing to do and go and sign the british champ!

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

1 hour ago, ljriley90 said:

Good shout, always enjoyed him at bv. Gave it everything, any idea on average

7.29 x 1.5 = 10.94

Last rode for Premiership Poole in 2019

21 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Summers has retired, Shanes and Morris have already signed with Birmingham and I think Ty Proctor won't be returning to British speedway next season. I still believe Bates, Castagna and Sedgmen have a lot to offer a team though and would be worth the risk in the middle order of a team.

If they are the only riders available, there's certainly no risk in using them!

• Like 2