British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Just wondering if with Poole seemingly in limbo whether a cheeky call to King, Lawson or Worrall might pay off. 

Any one of those 3, especially Danny might transform team building. 

We all know if the shoe was on the other foot that the Ford's would be on it by now. 

Oh well I'll bite.

Poole aren't in limbo!! They are just in legal negotiation over the imposed rent increase and not naming riders until its sorted.

Nowhere has it been said that Poole won't run - but it may be a reasonable negotiating position with either the Council and/or the Stadium management to give the impression that racing is under threat?!;);)

1 hour ago, OGT said:

Ha ha, Mroz, a James Bond villain's henchman if ever there was one! Scary fella. 

I got into a drinking session with Marek and his mechanic in the bar at Stoke after a meeting!Scary indeed!!:drink:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Oh well I'll bite.

Poole aren't in limbo!! They are just in legal negotiation over the imposed rent increase and not naming riders until its sorted.

Nowhere has it been said that Poole won't run - but it may be a reasonable negotiating position with either the Council and/or the Stadium management to give the impression that racing is under threat?!;);)

Haven't the landlords (or actually the lease holders) of the stadium stated @ their other UK stadiums the rent figure asked is none negotiable it's  just simply take or leave it!  

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Haven't the landlords (or actually the lease holders) of the stadium stated @ their other UK stadiums the rent figure asked is none negotiable it's  just simply 

Edited by Trackerman48
Wrong word

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Oh well I'll bite.

Not buying that good effort to deflect how serious the problem is,this is not good atm and undoubtedly riders will be thinking of a contingency just in case,who can blame them hopefully there will be a favourable outcome and Poole will compete in 2022. Maybe the sponsor that supposedly left Plymouth in favour of Poole could pay the rent for you or is he just funding the superior deal Lawson will be on compared to the rest of your heat leaders. 

• Haha 1

Maybe the smooth talking Laurence could persuade one of the following to make another go of Speedway in the Uk, Mason Campton, Lewis Rose, Victor Palovaara or even the Zak Wajtknect who would probably put a few bums on seats as he was well liked when he rode for the Brummies, mind im fully expecting to see either Vissing or Adam Ellis announced as one of the Team for 2022.

Edited by heathen52
  • Like 1

Adam Ellis seems an obvious target on a 7.45 average

13.06 for the other 2......

has Crump retired?

Josh Bates/ty procter

26 minutes ago, eric i said:

Adam Ellis seems an obvious target on a 7.45 average

13.06 for the other 2......

has Crump retired?

Josh Bates/ty procter

With Birmingham being a Wednesday night track and Adam Ellis I believe as signed in Denmark so it would be a no go for Birmingham. 

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 8:44 AM, heathen52 said:

Maybe the smooth talking Laurence could persuade one of the following to make another go of Speedway in the Uk, Mason Campton, Lewis Rose, Victor Palovaara or even the Zak Wajtknect who would probably put a few bums on seats as he was well liked when he rode for the Brummies, mind im fully expecting to see either Vissing or Adam Ellis announced as one of the Team for 2022.

ZW doesn't have the bottle for championship racing!

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 3:58 PM, Trackerman48 said:

With Birmingham being a Wednesday night track and Adam Ellis I believe as signed in Denmark so it would be a no go for Birmingham. 

Adam Ellis has not (yet) got a Danish league team place in 2022.

Anyone in the know on who the next signings will be?

I think theres some good potential with the resignings of shanes and morris and the capture of nielsen.

Nielsen rode at 4 last year at poole until he was injured and that was the same position for morris who seemed to have lots of retirements in races last year. Not sure if thats indicative of his machinery each year but feels like he has a lot to give from a reserve berth.

Shanes was at 3 for most the year so him slotting in at 2 alongside a proper number 1 should ease a little pressure.

A lot depends on who else is brought in. A Vissing or Ellis would be ideal then it just needs a couple of goods signings for the engine room at 3 and 4 and i dont think it will all doom and gloom at perry barr

On 12/23/2021 at 10:42 AM, Brummies23 said:

Ellis is signed in Swed and races on a Tue and on one site he is showing Grinsted in DK (Wed) but that could have been 2021 as not clear.

But maybe he won't ride Champ ???. He could have Thur and some Mon with Sheffield - Swe Tue - Maybe DK Wed and Pol on Sundays. Not sure if POL Lge 2 teams will also have an under 24 league and if so which day racing as the POL Exl U24 is midweek (think on Tue).

Will Ellis really want to break his balls rushing back from Swe for a Wed when he can take his time coming back and prepare for Sheff most Thursdays.

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

With all the many many named available riders on this thread, congratulations to at  least one of you who must be right :D

Well we've signed some steady back up guys, we now need to sign someone that can win Heat 1 and 15, home or away.....