British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

4 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

It's not a rumour it come from a championship promotion. 

If your'e prepared to say it's not a rumour as it came from a Championship promotion, then i'm afraid as far as i'm concerned then it remains a rumour unless you name the promotion.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

Think you need to get your facts right. Because you are wrong 

Not sure facts and Lewy should be said in the same sentence!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

If your'e prepared to say it's not a rumour as it came from a Championship promotion, then i'm afraid as far as i'm concerned then it remains a rumour unless you name the promotion.

Exactly.

• Like 1

Kevin Wolbert was mentioned a few times in the Edinburgh thread a few weeks back and he's ridden for Birmingham before hasn't he? Would he be a popular addition, or not? I think he has the skill, if he takes the uk seriously, to be a brilliant rider over here, solid number 1. I am not sure if he'd even want to ride in the uk though, or if he rides in Denmark already, it rules him out... Birmingham seem to have little to no options left... Please don't tell me it's gonna be Josh Auty at 1 and James Shanes at 5!!

3 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Kevin Wolbert was mentioned a few times in the Edinburgh thread a few weeks back and he's ridden for Birmingham before hasn't he? Would he be a popular addition, or not? I think he has the skill, if he takes the uk seriously, to be a brilliant rider over here, solid number 1. I am not sure if he'd even want to ride in the uk though, or if he rides in Denmark already, it rules him out... Birmingham seem to have little to no options left... Please don't tell me it's gonna be Josh Auty at 1 and James Shanes at 5!!

It wont be Auty at No.1....LR is a better manager than that!

10 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Is it anyone's business what a rider gets paid? It's not my business what you get paid, so it's not your business what I get paid...

none whats so ever 

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

It wont be Auty at No.1....LR is a better manager than that!

Whatever happens the task is very difficult due to a lack of quality riders especially as poole have got 3 number ones in their proposed team.  
if your budget is tight and riders are scarce you are going to struggle at this stage   However it has been done as hull won the league with a last minute team and Peterborough last year had all the riders nobody wanted. 
but equally you could end up with a Mildenhall 2008 team which was record breaking all for the wrong reasons 

33 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Whatever happens the task is very difficult due to a lack of quality riders especially as poole have got 3 number ones in their proposed team.  
if your budget is tight and riders are scarce you are going to struggle at this stage   However it has been done as hull won the league with a last minute team and Peterborough last year had all the riders nobody wanted. 
but equally you could end up with a Mildenhall 2008 team which was record breaking all for the wrong reasons 

Our first 4 signings are very reasonable imo....we are having a new track laid and I believe the 4 riders already signed will benefit from home advantage (hopefully)

I anticipate Paco will be back....and Smolinski will be No.1 !

Just now, GiveusaB said:

Our first 4 signings are very reasonable imo....we are having a new track laid and I believe the 4 riders already signed will benefit from home advantage (hopefully)

I anticipate Paco will be back....and Smolinski will be No.1 !

paco has signed for Edinburgh 

• Thanks 1

Wolbert already signed up for poland sweden and denmark

More of a shout is smolinski hes riding sweden and poland

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, mac101 said:

paco has signed for Edinburgh 

Wish the Confirmed signings thread was updated!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Is it anyone's business what a rider gets paid? It's not my business what you get paid, so it's not your business what I get paid...

Well that's true enough. But as this is a forum for discussion, folk are allowed to contribute their views are they not? And similarly question statements made by others (ambiguous or not) 

Surely people aren't asking to know what a rider gets paid - just whether he's on a guarantee or not.

If/When a rider IS on a guarantee thats usually not all he gets in his financial package!!

Not sure why everybody’s getting their knickers in a twist over ‘ guarantees ‘. These can take many forms, i.e. a minimum guarantee mainly used for low average riders so they at least know they can cover their expenses. There’s an ‘ average ‘ guarantee, guaranteed payment upto your average and then a ‘ bonus ‘ for scoring extra points. They come in many forms, one club paid all 7 riders a ‘ guarantee wage ‘ so that he knew what his wage bill would be each match.

It’s up to the promoter how he comes up with a deal and nothing to do with the rest of us.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Not sure why everybody’s getting their knickers in a twist over ‘ guarantees ‘. These can take many forms, i.e. a minimum guarantee mainly used for low average riders so they at least know they can cover their expenses. There’s an ‘ average ‘ guarantee, guaranteed payment upto your average and then a ‘ bonus ‘ for scoring extra points. They come in many forms, one club paid all 7 riders a ‘ guarantee wage ‘ so that he knew what his wage bill would be each match.

It’s up to the promoter how he comes up with a deal and nothing to do with the rest of us.

Then he can increase the admission money.