British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

7 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Still got 3/4 months to boost season ticket sales....

Just my opinion, but I doubt 'B'ham fans will be holding out to buy a season ticket based on who the next signing will be?

You're either a supporter (supporter being the operative word) or not?!

The make up of the team, will affect the 'casual/occasional' supporter....as I said, just the way I look at it.

I personally think that the 'Boss/LR', knows enough about speedway, to know that a competitive side is imperative to survival....

Barring injuries, B'ham won't be the whipping boys of the division!

As long as they see the season out and back to tapes in 2023 then that will be success. However still can not see where the next 3 riders are coming from that will make brum a competitive team for those fans that want to see a championship winning team

22 minutes ago, Jimsboy said:

As long as they see the season out and back to tapes in 2023 then that will be success. However still can not see where the next 3 riders are coming from that will make brum a competitive team for those fans that want to see a championship winning team

Quite right!

That's why I think a 'Championship Survival team' is more realistic than a 'Championship winning team'....

Entertainment and value for money would be my priority as a business venture.

I think the promotion are addressing that by laying a new surface....'spot on'!

Edited by GiveusaB

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

You're either a supporter (supporter being the operative word) or not?!

In other words people who let their heart rule your head when making their decisions. And that's what the promotion are relying on. But are there enough such people out there right now?

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

In other words people who let their heart rule your head when making their decisions. And that's what the promotion are relying on. But are there enough such people out there right now?

Yes, I guess that's about right....

And, I'm not quite sure there are....

There's not enough 'young blood' showing a continuous interest by looks of things.

I liken speedway to a family business - if there isn't enough family members coming through, then the business struggles to exist.

We're trying to sell a sport where your country's best rider/performer, doesn't compete in his own country?

Unless we can swing over a few ex Cov/Cradley fans on an occasional basis, we're going to have a tough time....

Edited by GiveusaB

At the end of the day, speedway as a product is poor IMO....whatever changes anyone makes wont make a difference to any newcomer....it's the old faithful and neutral that we need to aim at.

9 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Yes, I guess that's about right....

And, I'm not quite sure there are....

There's not enough 'young blood' showing a continuous interest by looks of things.

I liken speedway to a family business - if there isn't enough family members coming through, then the business struggles to exist.

We're trying to sell a sport where your country's best rider/performer, doesn't compete in his own country?

Unless we can swing over a few ex Cov/Cradley fans on an occasional basis, we're going to have a tough time....

Think most clubs will struggle to significantly increase their crowds in today’s climate within the sport.It really relies on existing fans keeping their families interested enough to continue going along.

• Like 1

Someone did suggest that speedway should be targeting the older generation like pensioners because they have a bit more disposable cash than people with mortgages and a family, and are happy to take grandkids along and thats where you get your next generation of supporters from. Whether that would work is anybodies guess tho. 

Birmingham have been excellent at catering for the kids over the last few years but if the parents can't afford to go or have lost interest then you will eventually lose that generation. 

It's an old-age problem that the sport has never solved... 

• Like 2

Birmingham have been great where kids are concerned since the Masons took charge.

The problem I think at Perry Barr, is from a spectator's/viewing position, it's cr#p for kids! (it's not much better for adults unless you go indoors....'personally, I hate watching from indoors'....)

• Like 1

So who’s going to be the last 3 riders? 
Zane Kelleher

Jordan Stewart

either Adam Ellis or Martin Smolinski as number one

14 minutes ago, Brummies23 said:

So who’s going to be the last 3 riders? 
Zane Kelleher

Jordan Stewart

either Adam Ellis or Martin Smolinski as number one

Jordan Stewart not riding over here this season   Adam Ellis is not riding in the championship and smolinski has said he doesn't want to ride in England 

3 minutes ago, Brummies23 said:

If worrall is number one for Poole and king at 5 don’t think Lawson will be their? Maybe riding for us??

Lawson to Poole 

18 hours ago, The Dog said:

parents can't afford to go

Yes they can, but parents are a savvy lot, if speedway as a product does not offer up value for money, they will do one of the plenty of other things that they can spend their money on to entertain their kids.

11 hours ago, Brummies23 said:

If worrall is number one for Poole and king at 5 don’t think Lawson will be their? Maybe riding for us??

Lawson is at Poole. Brums signing will be just be whats left and available.