British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

20 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Yes they can, but parents are a savvy lot, if speedway as a product does not offer up value for money, they will do one of the plenty of other things that they can spend their money on to entertain their kids.

A family ticket should be £20 to £25 tops, 2 adults and as many kids free as you want to bring...

If nothing else, the promoters that own their own track will make on the coffee, burgers and maybe even a bit of memorabilia...

These people are not there now so absolutely nothing to lose...

And you dont need "repeat purchases"...

Just keep targeting families to turn up and if some become regulars then great, but if lots just go once instead of being sat at home, you have still increased your revenue..

The beauty of those with young kids especially is that their social circle is invariably those within the same situation, so word of mouth can also be a great 'marketing technique'...

Huge businesses like McDonalds build their massively profitable kids party numbers by parents endorsing them to others.. 

Amazing too, how many kids who attend these parties, then become regular customers as they get older..

Who would have thought it worked like that..? :rolleyes:

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

We need to take advantage of the Commonwealth games......

There's going to be a lot of visitors to the area this summer, we need to try and entice these visitors to come and see some speedway on a Wednesday evening!

3 hours ago, mikebv said:

A family ticket should be £20 to £25 tops, 2 adults and as many kids free as you want to bring...

If nothing else, the promoters that own their own track will make on the coffee, burgers and maybe even a bit of memorabilia...

These people are not there now so absolutely nothing to lose...

And you dont need "repeat purchases"...

Just keep targeting families to turn up and if some become regulars then great, but if lots just go once instead of being sat at home, you have still increased your revenue..

The beauty of those with young kids especially is that their social circle is invariably those within the same situation, so word of mouth can also be a great 'marketing technique'...

Huge businesses like McDonalds build their massively profitable kids party numbers by parents endorsing them to others.. 

Amazing too, how many kids who attend these parties, then become regular customers as they get older..

Who would have thought it worked like that..? :rolleyes:

The big difference being that when attending McDonalds you know exactly what you are going to get and are in decent surroundings. 

At speedway meetings that cannot always be guaranteed week after week

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The big difference being that when attending McDonalds you know exactly what you are going to get and are in decent surroundings. 

At speedway meetings that cannot always be guaranteed week after week

Agreed, however, even Mcd's and other big business's have "bad days" when they let their customers down..

Even if families dont return you havent lost anything only gained, as they are not going now...

Energy Bill's will soon be going up by as much as 40% so that is even more of a hit to disposable income, which will push Speedway even further down the priority listing...

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

young kids especially is that their social circle

Kids with their own social circles tend to be in the 10-11-12-teenage age groups. Speedway promotions targeting kids tend to go for the toddler to primary school age group. 

I can remember going on my own and meeting my group of mates, as a 12yo, paying kids admission.  Sadly, that's the age group no longer targeted by speedway promotions. That needs to change IMHO.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Yes they can, but parents are a savvy lot, if speedway as a product does not offer up value for money, they will do one of the plenty of other things that they can spend their money on to entertain their kids.

Must admit that there is a lot of things out there that kids would rather be doing and it costing the parents the same as a night at the speedway. 

There is no obvious way to get more people through the gates unfortunately, else it would have been thought of by now. 

• Like 2

Plus kids are far more lazy these days....they'd rather get behind a games console!

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 1

I'm no Birmingham fan and not sure what is completely happening but I think you can go one or two ways

Look to add some experience to the 4 riders you have now such as a Vissing, Covatti, Sedgman, Proctor, Bjerre etc.

1. Vissing

2. Nielsen

3. Auty

4. Sedgman

5. Covatti

6. Morris

7. Shanes

Or try to get at least one of these, and sign up some young Aussies/German who are knocking around, you'd be well under the points limit but you could see a future star developing

1. Vissing/Covatti

2. Shanes 

3. Nielsen 

4. Rew

5. Auty

6. Blodorn/McGuinness 

7. Gilmore/Pearson

35 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

I'm no Birmingham fan and not sure what is completely happening but I think you can go one or two ways

Look to add some experience to the 4 riders you have now such as a Vissing, Covatti, Sedgman, Proctor, Bjerre etc.

1. Vissing

2. Nielsen

3. Auty

4. Sedgman

5. Covatti

6. Morris

7. Shanes

Or try to get at least one of these, and sign up some young Aussies/German who are knocking around, you'd be well under the points limit but you could see a future star developing

1. Vissing/Covatti

2. Shanes 

3. Nielsen 

4. Rew

5. Auty

6. Blodorn/McGuinness 

7. Gilmore/Pearson

Nielsen's average is below both Morris and Shanes and is starting the season at reserve

Covatti would be incredible!

Can't see Sedgman or Proctor adding any value.

Edited by GiveusaB

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

1. Vissing

2. Nielsen

3. Auty

4. Sedgman

5. Covatti

6. Morris

7. Shanes

1. Vissing/Covatti

2. Shanes 

3. Nielsen 

4. Rew

5. Auty

6. Blodorn/McGuinness 

7. Gilmore/Pearson

I think Covatti would be good but not necessarily get folk through the turnstiles. 

Birmingham have tried a few promising talents over the last few years, but they've never really shown their potential and struggled to get to grips with our tracks and then ultimately their confidence suffers. Grobauer being the latest one... 

2 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Following the Riss / Grobauer / Castagna non-payment of wages episode, my guess is that the Birmingham name is like mud in Germany.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Following the Riss / Grobauer / Castagna non-payment of wages episode, my guess is that the Birmingham name is like mud in Germany.  

That has nothing to do with the new owners . 

I just think having a team of young guns on accessed 5 averages could be quite exciting, as I said not sure what averages riders had 

Covatti/Auty to lead as a 1&2

But I'm sure riders like McGuinness/ Rew / Pearson / Gilmore / Blodorn would be keen to race in the UK

What are riders like Huckenbeck / Haertel / Wolbert etc.

Like it's been said this is a different promotion to the one before 

9 hours ago, mikebv said:

Unfortunately your admission pricing model doesn't  make good business sense. 
A family ticket at £20 for two adults and unlimited number of kids actually means adults at £10.00 each kids free. And absolutely no way would two adults (no kids) happily pay "full price" for tickets meaning that the actual admission price for adults would need to be £10.00
Given that £10.00 would yield only £8.33 after Vat the promotion would need to attract double the number of adults just to make the same income if they charged for the normal going rate for adults and kids.
Much better that the promotions charges something along the lines of full price for adults and allow 2 children per adult in for free and charge "young adults" between 16 & 18 half price.