British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

12 minutes ago, ray c said:

I surprised manzaries hasn't got a team place somewhere ?

He struggled at reserve for Scunthorpe last time he was here. 

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Maybe should've added was your opinion on your original post :t:

Some riders have rapport with a support, at reserve instead of 3 & 4 they may see bit of improvement.

Just my opinion but think Hume got more improvement as last season was what only his 2nd or 3rd full season as keeps getting left on the heap. Shanes and Morris been around for years but always float around same average

Totally agree Hume has much. More improvement left to come. Shanes and Morris are decent riders but in my view Hume could be a heat leader in time the other two won't be. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

He struggled at reserve for Scunthorpe last time he was here. 

Yeah and for someone who cage fights and allegedly a tough nut, he was a right drama queen!

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Yeah and for someone who cage fights and allegedly a tough nut, he was a right drama queen!

We thought that at Ipswich.  Loved a trip to hospital 

6 hours ago, Brummies23 said:

Wouldn't mind Sedgmen and Proctor only if they give their all.

Wouldn't take bates tho. Need another big hitter if Auty is starting at number 5.

Take Auty in the middle order with two Big hitters only if we could find them!!

I agree Birmingham "need another big hitter" but it doesn't mean there are any available who want to come & race for them 

57 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I agree Birmingham "need another big hitter" but it doesn't mean there are any available who want to come & race for them 

Exactly. And if they did have one or someone then i'm sure they would be announced to give a massive boost to the Brum new Management

7 hours ago, HGould said:

Laurence has close links with Team USA

Manzaries or Max Ruml might do a second string job. 

Might be worth looking at Sweden for a No 1...one season swansong, Peter Ljung or similar anyone not riding Danish League. 

Gino had a serious accident back on December so I don't think he'll be ready to ride this season 

• Sad 1

Don't agree with any suggestions of signing riders like Ruml, Manzares or any 4.00 foreigners. Birmingham starting with Morris & Nielsen at reserve would be the strong point of the team, adding a 4.00 rider just moves one of them up into the top 5.

Think Birmingham fans are forgetting what Mainman Rogers brings to the party. Who needs an out and out No1. When you have Lol filling in the Programme.

Edited by semion

12 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Don't agree with any suggestions of signing riders like Ruml, Manzares or any 4.00 foreigners. Birmingham starting with Morris & Nielsen at reserve would be the strong point of the team, adding a 4.00 rider just moves one of them up into the top 5.

Unless its an unknown quantity from Poland, who is most likely going to be better than said riders already : )

Fixtures out...just need a team now :D

Think we've waited patiently enough....give us something to discus/shout about? :t:

It's a good fixture list from the Brummies point of view, a local derby with Leicester, big hitters Poole and the return of Harris with Berwick to start the season with should attract the fans and bring in plenty of revenue 

• Like 1

So the season virtually finishes by end of July.
No fixtures in August when the school kids always swell the attendance during that month.
Absolute madness ! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Dog said:

It's a good fixture list from the Brummies point of view, a local derby with Leicester, big hitters Poole and the return of Harris with Berwick to start the season with should attract the fans and bring in plenty of revenue 

Whilst the big fan draws do come early its also some strong opposition, Brum will have faced Leicester, Poole, Berwick and Oxford at home before the end of May if each of those is a hefty drumming how many will be turning up to watch in June? 

1 minute ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Whilst the big fan draws do come early its also some strong opposition, Brum will have faced Leicester, Poole, Berwick and Oxford at home before the end of May if each of those is a hefty drumming how many will be turning up to watch in June? 

And if we win ??? :D

• Haha 1