British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

1 minute ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Whilst the big fan draws do come early its also some strong opposition, Brum will have faced Leicester, Poole, Berwick and Oxford at home before the end of May if each of those is a hefty drumming how many will be turning up to watch in June? 

1 man & his dog !

2 minutes ago, Brummies_Ste said:

So the season virtually finishes by end of July.
No fixtures in August when the school kids always swell the attendance during that month.
Absolute madness ! 

Good point BSPA at their best again....may be the weather will extend the season in to August?

1 minute ago, GiveusaB said:

And if we win ??? :D

Match fixing inquiries will start :D. Seriously though i genuinely hope that the delays are all because actual closely guarded secrets are in place and some big hitters are willing to ride at Brum for sensible rates. Heart says one thing but head definitely can't shift the gloom.

I guess the main good news is that attendances shouldnt be affected by mandatory covid isolation rules.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Match fixing inquiries will start :D. Seriously though i genuinely hope that the delays are all because actual closely guarded secrets are in place and some big hitters are willing to ride at Brum for sensible rates. Heart says one thing but head definitely can't shift the gloom.

You're not alone with your thoughts....

I anticipate one rider will definitely be an unknown/untried foreigner....LR went down that route when the Masons took over (Olsen/Agertoft...)

Worrying that only one or two people have posted on Brummies main forum since last season ended and one of them is the manager?

1 minute ago, GiveusaB said:

Worrying that only one or two people have posted on Brummies main forum since last season ended and one of them is the manager?

it's been down and a lot of postings have been lost . Chris has been trying to restore them so far without success .

• Thanks 1

Mentioned it before on other threads but Josh G (even on inflated prem average) would be good. Of course relies on him having place in Poland before would come over I believe

13 minutes ago, Speedway fan said:

it's been down and a lot of postings have been lost . Chris has been trying to restore them so far without success .

Whilst we've got your attention BOSS, are we close to completing the line-up? :t:

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

And if we win ??? :D

You can buy the beers in :drink:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Brummies_Ste said:

So the season virtually finishes by end of July.
No fixtures in August when the school kids always swell the attendance during that month.
Absolute madness ! 

Why Birmingham got no meetings in August other teams have meetings till end of August, and play offs in September. 

1 hour ago, Speedway fan said:

hence why no meeting Weds Aug 3rd

And the reason why no meetings on

Wed 10th Aug

Wed 17th Aug

Wed 24th Aug

Wed 31st Aug

Is ??