British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

22 hours ago, Brummies_Ste said:

So the season virtually finishes by end of July.
No fixtures in August when the school kids always swell the attendance during that month.
Absolute madness ! 

And only a few months ago the usual suspects were screaming about the season extending into November! You never heard of rain-offs?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Brummies23 said:

Maybe we line up with:

1) Covatti

2) Keheller 

3) Shanes

4)Blodorn

5) Auty

6) morris 

7) Nielsen

May be...dont think there'd be too many complaints from Bham fans and most forum members would have to go back to their predictions and take us off the bottom of the league...:rofl:

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Brummies23 said:

Maybe we line up with:

1) Covatti

2) Keheller 

3) Shanes

4)Blodorn

5) Auty

6) morris 

7) Nielsen

34 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

May be...dont think there'd be too many complaints from Bham fans and most forum members would have to go back to their predictions and take us off the bottom of the league...:rofl:

The problem being that it looks like the "best" team Brum can realistically hope for and its still pretty poor. I wouldn't change my prediction from last place. What i would say is that IF the track had varied racing lines it could be entertaining as there is barely a gater in the side but there are a few who will work throughout. Still 7 riders is better than 5...

36 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Keheller wouldnt be at 2 as his average is lower than both nielsen and morris'

If i was a brum fan i wouldnt be raving about having shanes at 3 on a sub 5 average!

Brum need to pad out the 3 and 4 positions with some experience. By all accounts blodorn isnt going to commit to championship racing unfortunately.

In my opinion brum should be targeting danny gappmaier, justin sedgemen and a number 1 like covatti. Other number 3 or 4 options would be ty proctor and probably josh bates with him being english!

39 minutes ago, ljriley90 said:

Keheller wouldnt be at 2 as his average is lower than both nielsen and morris'

If i was a brum fan i wouldnt be raving about having shanes at 3 on a sub 5 average!

Brum need to pad out the 3 and 4 positions with some experience. By all accounts blodorn isnt going to commit to championship racing unfortunately.

In my opinion brum should be targeting danny gappmaier, justin sedgemen and a number 1 like covatti. Other number 3 or 4 options would be ty proctor and probably josh bates with him being english!

Fair comment!

45 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

The problem being that it looks like the "best" team Brum can realistically hope for and its still pretty poor. I wouldn't change my prediction from last place. What i would say is that IF the track had varied racing lines it could be entertaining as there is barely a gater in the side but there are a few who will work throughout. Still 7 riders is better than 5...

Guess its all about opinions, but to me, its a better line up than both Newcastle/Scunthorpe....but we'll have to wait and see. It will probably be something different?

Certainly no complaints about Covatti though?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brummies23 said:

Maybe we line up with:

1) Covatti

2) Keheller 

3) Shanes

4)Blodorn

5) Auty

6) morris 

7) Nielsen

....or maybe you don't!!:)

17 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Guess its all about opinions, but to me, its a better line up than both Newcastle/Scunthorpe....but we'll have to wait and see. It will probably be something different?

Certainly no complaints about Covatti though?

Scunthorpe will be decent enough at home and have some genuine heat leaders. Newcastle have dropped a couple of clangers and the new Kiwi using up 4 points in place of a genuine 2nd/3rd heat leader looks madness as does the return of Complin. 

Its not all doom and gloom for Brum and both a full season and not finishing bottom are possibilities i just fear both are going to be equally difficult tasks. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I also think Oxford will struggle if Batchelor doesn't perform?

I think Batch will be fine, if the reserves Heeps and Newman struggle they will be in bother but if they all get running they could be very very strong. 

Redcar could have some off days and Plymouth if they don't gel will have issues but it looks the strongest/most balanced league ive seen for years which is why Brums woes are exacerbated. 

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2022 at 10:55 AM, GiveusaB said:

Good point BSPA at their best again....may be the weather will extend the season in to August?

Fixtures got nothing to do with BSP Ltd. The Promoters compile a "wish" list BUT it is a guy from Edinburgh that compiles the final list.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

I also think Oxford will struggle if Batchelor doesn't perform?

Tbf Batch performed well for Kent last season. It is the Prem where his form is more of an issue. 

Don't know why people keep putting covattis name up he will not be riding over here that's a fact.

What's put bums on seats in the recent past has been the threat of closure, which brings back some old fans for one last look and the nostalgia, it worked with me and my family. 

Hats off to the new Promoters for putting up the money and also having the sense to say it won't be an annual thing.  I love speedway, I've been brought up on it from a nipper but if I won the lottery would I sink money into it? no way, its not even a break even venture let alone profit making. 

Unfortunately the best times are behind us, the worlds changed, new fans aren't being attracted as it's not exciting enough and not worth the money. Could anything be done to change that?.....sadly I don't think so any more, it's beyond saving in it's current guise.

Birmingham is a 2 hour round trip for me and I wouldn't dismiss me attending a couple of matches this season, but they will either be because someone of interest is in the meeting that night like BB or Smoli, or because the grim reaper has struck again and there's a threat that it could all disappear.

Up The Brummies, fingers crossed for a full and profitable season in 2022.

• Like 2