British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

3 hours ago, SpeedwayTShirts said:

What's put bums on seats in the recent past has been the threat of closure, which brings back some old fans for one last look and the nostalgia, it worked with me and my family. 

Hats off to the new Promoters for putting up the money and also having the sense to say it won't be an annual thing.  I love speedway, I've been brought up on it from a nipper but if I won the lottery would I sink money into it? no way, its not even a break even venture let alone profit making. 

Unfortunately the best times are behind us, the worlds changed, new fans aren't being attracted as it's not exciting enough and not worth the money. Could anything be done to change that?.....sadly I don't think so any more, it's beyond saving in it's current guise.

Birmingham is a 2 hour round trip for me and I wouldn't dismiss me attending a couple of matches this season, but they will either be because someone of interest is in the meeting that night like BB or Smoli, or because the grim reaper has struck again and there's a threat that it could all disappear.

Up The Brummies, fingers crossed for a full and profitable season in 2022.

This is a strange post from someone who is listed on the official Birmingham site as the club  Photographer & may only visit twice this season.

Do you not have that role now Chris ?

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

Don't know why people keep putting covattis name up he will not be riding over here that's a fact.

Nope. They should be mentioning names like Verge. James Jessop and Richard Andrews cause thats the sort riders that will end up being signed

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Jimsboy said:

Nope. They should be mentioning names like Verge. James Jessop and Richard Andrews cause thats the sort riders that will end up being signed

Anyone know if there is a CL lower limit? I know the NL used to have one (after the Scunthorpe Stags) and sure i remember teams getting fined for tracking understrength teams? Must be a minimum team average that has to be achieved?

15 hours ago, Jimsboy said:

What averages would they come on? Not sure I'd sign them at Championship level. NL maybe.

Is James Jessop related to Dave, the old rider from like the 80s?

Has work started yet on sorting out the track? Seen no photos. Thought that was going be getting sorted straight away? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jimsboy said:

Has work started yet on sorting out the track? Seen no photos. Thought that was going be getting sorted straight away? 

Dunno, will have a look tomorrow.

One thing that's progressing very nicely though are the roadworks around the stadium. You can come off the A34 Walsall Road, and swing a right straight into the One Shop Stopping Centre car park now, rather than having to go all the way to the Crown & Cushion roundabout, do a 180 and come back on yourself to gain access the old way. That'll be a major improvement in convenience. 

You never know, this fact may feature in a new web page on the Brummies site, to give the fans some more good news whilst they are kept waiting for news of more signings.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SpeedwayFriend said:

What averages would they come on? Not sure I'd sign them at Championship level. NL maybe.

Is James Jessop related to Dave, the old rider from like the 80s?

Me and James Jessop are mates, so I know he wont mind me saying this.. but he's not NDL standard at the moment, never mind Championship, so I wouldn't go that far

His dad's called Dave - but the sirnames spelt differently

On 1/21/2022 at 1:14 PM, Trackerman48 said:

Don't know why people keep putting covattis name up he will not be riding over here that's a fact.

Some people are like a dog with a bone.......

On 1/21/2022 at 5:09 PM, The Dog said:

Think you have the wrong fella 

WHAT? You mean there is more than 1 Chris Simpson in the world :wink:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Dunno, will have a look tomorrow.

Update:

I walked past this morning, but couldn't get close enough to have a proper look due to the Heras Fencing that surrounds the stadium, due to the road works in the area. From what I could see though is that the safety fence has been disassembled, but the shale on the track looks exactly the same as it did at the end of last season.

Maybe someone who's going there today to buy their season ticket (on sale between 10am and 1pm) can let us know?

Track work starts this Wednesday and the drains are being updated and cleaned out and some more of these were done today along with a variety of other jobs . The air fence had to come down as there will be a new one for the season and the kickboards are in the process of being painted . Was good to see a few new volunteers there with most of the regulars.

• Like 3

Well, I definitely won't be attending if Brummies are only tracking 4 riders in a league where the other teams have 7! Seems strangely quiet for too long.

• Confused 1