British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

22 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

I always did wonder why he was not part of the consortium that took over.

Do we know the FULL consortium? 

Sounds like  a consortium of 'hopefuls/fans' may be doing it for the passion of the club, but totally out of their depth ?

I think we're in a bit of trouble....I obviously hope I'm wrong!

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

I always did wonder why he was not part of the consortium that took over.

Like has been said before he deals with OTHER peoples money.

47 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Sedgman, Ellis, Rasmus, NBJ, Tommy J, Gappmaier, Keleher, Josh Bates, Lasse Bjerre, Ruml plus a few from Australia and Scandanavia.

Plenty of riders out there who come March may have diminishing options overseas and Birmingham with its central location and airport might look attractive?

The desirables from that list are either opting out of CL or UK altogether. Its not cheap to setup in the UK for Champ only, the better riders are either contractually not available (Poland) , are opting for a lesser schedule to stay fresher or simply want more than Brum can afford. 

As for the 4 pointers it makes far more sense to offer places to riders like Morley & Crang rather than Ruml & Keleher's on purely financial grounds. 

If LR has his wish list he should be making his final offers, we can afford X take it or leave it. Pandering and negotiating only further weakens the clubs position.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gerbat1875 said:

Here, here. Brummies should have gone for lower division,  whatever happens now its going to be a big struggle, will be very lucky to see the season out, and unfortunately the brummies will be finished 

I agree re their level...

However, the goal posts were moved re the standard of Div 3 to protect Div 2, meaning the bottom league would have been a hard sell given the rent needed...

The "old" Div 3 would have been "perfect" for a good few teams currently I would say...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

The 4 main parties were introduced to the fans at a meeting a few months ago. LR wasn't one of them.

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Sounds like  a consortium of 'hopefuls/fans' may be doing it for the passion of the club, but totally out of their depth ?

I think we're in a bit of trouble....I obviously hope I'm wrong!

Gary Drinkwater, Nigel Tolley, Tracey Smith, Dave Rowe

• Thanks 1

Never mind...6 weeks to go til the opening night against the Coventry Bees team that currently features 4 less riders than the Brummies team. Might even win that one! 

Plenty of time for more rider announcements, the news of who the title sponsor will be and many more sponsorship announcements too. Reasons to be cheerful! ;) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Midland Red said:

Gary Drinkwater, Nigel Tolley, Tracey Smith, Dave Rowe

Is that Dave Rowe the commentator who's as bad as Tatum?

48 minutes ago, arnieg said:

No it's Dave Rowe the commentator who is much better than Tatum - entirely different person :D

But not good to see he's going to lose a lot of money while LR trys playing speedway 

• Like 1

To be fair to LR, I'm sure that he's been given a budget and has to work within that. Whether that budget is sufficient to put together a team that will, at least, maintain the crowd levels at Perry Barr remains to be seen. 

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

No it's Dave Rowe the commentator who is much better than Tatum - entirely different person :D

I’m confused. Is it the commentator Dave Rowe or another person with the same name?

What I don’t understand is this, Last season I went to Perry Barr 8 times the attendance’s were abysmal, and that was with a Team including Bomber and Riss, But the new Promotion say they need 1000 to break even and that’s with a team without the calibre of Bomber and Riss, and to compound the situation they have LR putting a team together the man that was team manager of the worst team in British speedway history, Mildenhall, He has been in the sport for decades can someone please tell me what as he ever won in this time please, I really hope I’m wrong but I can see this ending in a catastrophe, but please what as Rogers every  won,? 

1 hour ago, Argos said:

What I don’t understand is this, Last season I went to Perry Barr 8 times the attendance’s were abysmal, and that was with a Team including Bomber and Riss, But the new Promotion say they need 1000 to break even and that’s with a team without the calibre of Bomber and Riss, and to compound the situation they have LR putting a team together the man that was team manager of the worst team in British speedway history, Mildenhall, He has been in the sport for decades can someone please tell me what as he ever won in this time please, I really hope I’m wrong but I can see this ending in a catastrophe, but please what as Rogers every  won,? 

The Award for the most mentions on the BSF saying that he isn't very good as a team manager?   :D

Just read the 'B'ham fans forum' and one of the promoters has urged patience, with a vibe of team completion almost over the line?

His words 'we want to get it right' ....

So, pick the bones out of that!