British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

I think Laurence is getting a lot of unfair stick....I'm sure he's doing his best. I don't see how he's to blame for the decline of the club and the situation we are in.

The 'consortium' give him a budget and he has to work to that....realistically, we're not going to go from 'nearly folding half way through last season', to being able to compete with the likes of Poole/Glasgow etc.....

As a 'speedway fan first and a B'ham fan second, I just want to see 'entertainment' and effort on the track!

Who gives two shinny sh#tes about who's won what trophy?

IF you make a final then, yes, it's nice to win it, simply because you've worked hard to get there.....but I don't lose any sleep if my team don't win.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I don't feel any sympathy at all....LR knew what position we'd be in when the decision was announced to carry on!?

It's the fans I feel for (if things go ** up?) built up to be let down!?

But let's see what materialises first!

Well you soon changed your tune!

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, AndyPresley said:

Well you soon changed your tune!

No tune changed here....I don't have any sympathy...why would I ?

I haven't criticised anyone?

50 minutes ago, Jimsboy said:

Give us a B. B for bullsh@@

Jimsboy....you're just a jealous 'git' coz you haven't got a team to support ! 

Edited by GiveusaB

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

No tune changed here....I don't have any sympathy...why would I ?

I haven't criticised anyone?

Jimsboy....you're just a jealous 'git' coz you haven't got a team to support ! 

Kent Royals mush

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Jimsboy said:

Kent Royals mush

Enjoy !

Edited by GiveusaB

15 hours ago, arnieg said:

No it's Dave Rowe the commentator who is much better than Tatum - entirely different person :D

Dave Rowe is a far better commentator than either of the shouty twins

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Osirian08 said:

Dave Rowe is a far better commentator than either of the shouty twins

Think he's better suited to commentary than doing live updates, he looks a bag of nerves doing that. I have to agree he's a better commentator than NP and KT. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Its all very well saying "Who cares who wins what" but Birmingham fans over the years have been notorious for staying away when there Team is struggling, but they are not alone in that, as for wanting to get it right I will believe that when I see it because they have very few options left when it comes to Team building, I personally will visit PB on a few occasions if the Team is competitive if it isnt then my money will stay in my pocket.

20 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

Its all very well saying "Who cares who wins what" but Birmingham fans over the years have been notorious for staying away when there Team is struggling, but they are not alone in that, as for wanting to get it right I will believe that when I see it because they have very few options left when it comes to Team building, I personally will visit PB on a few occasions if the Team is competitive if it isnt then my money will stay in my pocket.

Newcastle is the other prime example.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OGT said:

Think he's better suited to commentary than doing live updates, he looks a bag of nerves doing that. I have to agree he's a better commentator than NP and KT. 

Wonder what his nerves be like when his bank account starts draining and LR's stays the same

• Like 1

Good luck to the Brummies but it looks like they'll need lots of it.

If a team featuring Harris and Riss last season couldn't attract viable crowds what chance has a patchwork team of riders no other team wants?

Laurence Rogers can't be knocked for enthusiasm but it seems like hes fighting a massive uphill battle. I well remember Mildenhall in 2008 under Rogers when they lost every League fixture, 32, I think. Mildenhall had to drop down after that with new owners after having 2 different owners in that ridiculously poor season. Now the Brummies can't afford a similar season cause it will cost the promotion a fortune.

54 minutes ago, 25yearfan said:

Good luck to the Brummies but it looks like they'll need lots of it.

If a team featuring Harris and Riss last season couldn't attract viable crowds what chance has a patchwork team of riders no other team wants?

Laurence Rogers can't be knocked for enthusiasm but it seems like hes fighting a massive uphill battle. I well remember Mildenhall in 2008 under Rogers when they lost every League fixture, 32, I think. Mildenhall had to drop down after that with new owners after having 2 different owners in that ridiculously poor season. Now the Brummies can't afford a similar season cause it will cost the promotion a fortune.

Have to agree regarding having aTeam with the likes of Harris and Riss and not attracting crowds doesn’t auger well .

Great News!

There's another Josh Auty story on the Brummies website this weekend.  Something else to tie the fans in to their favourite stars.

• Haha 1

On 2/17/2022 at 5:19 PM, Midland Red said:

Gary Drinkwater, Nigel Tolley, Tracey Smith, Dave Rowe

They have some good knowledgeable Speedway people involved there and I am sure that they will not let Mr Rogers pull the wool over their eyes.

Dave Rowe is a good honest guy who loves his Speedway and is master of stats of Speedway and I met Gary Drinkwater and his wife Lorraine when they were involved at Coventry.

Nigel Tolley is a very astute businessman and has made himself very good money by sound investments so don’t see him getting involved at Birmingham without doing his due diligence 

• Thanks 1