British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

If a young Australian wonder if it may be Fraser Bowes although if he wanted to do the UK would have thought Glasgow would have signed him up. I noticed he has been out in Spain training with Lublin so assume part of their squad in 2022

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpeedwayTShirts said:

Jack Smith could do a job in the Championship instead of clubs constantly looking abroad.

If Birmingham had 3.00 left for a number 7, Smith wouldn't be a bad option, but needing 3 stronger riders, I wouldn't go near him!

Any truth in the rumour that John Priest & Arthur Browning are both swapping tractor driving for speedway riding, and making comebacks at a combined age of 158, which will be perfectly in keeping with the age of the  team's fan base?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

Any truth in the rumour that John Priest & Arthur Browning are both swapping tractor driving for speedway riding, and making comebacks at a combined age of 158, which will be perfectly in keeping with the age of the  team's fan base?

There is also another ex rider helping out on Sundays, he would make up the Team and bring the combined average of the 3 riders to in excess of 200 ;).

The 4 named plus McGuiness and Keleher would give us a team of real racers who would entertain although  an out and our number 1 would still be needed, would be acceptable to many genuine supporters 

What we lack is the home track advantage that the likes of Workington exploited brilliantly in 2018 without any standout heat leaders and other Clubs have with big banked tracks or trick tracks. They don't always make for close and entertaining speedway. 

A well prepared Perry Barr is a great track and the investment in getting that right which IS being done is as important as any rider signings. 

I'm happy to see entertaining speedway every week and some speedway is better than none at all. Winning is not the be all and end all. Cradley used to be full every week in the 70s when they hardly ever won. 

I applaud all concerned in the new management team for trying and the Masons for giving us all they did in the past few years. 

I hope they don't read and take any notice of some of the rubbish on here most of it from people with no affinity or affiliation or love of the Brummies 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

According to Facebook 5th rider is signed  

According to the Facebook post I've seen, it says that they've "agreed terms", but won't announce a name until the paperwork is done. In other words, nobody has actually "signed" (yet?).

That Facebook news comes to us from the same source that said that two riders were on the brink and just needed to check their fixtures, a couple of months ago, and more recently, that there were 6-8 riders of interest. 

Let's wait until we see who turns up at P&P in 3 weeks' time.  My take on this is, it's 3 weeks to go, and 3 riders still to sign. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SpeedwayTShirts said:

Tie me kangaroo down sport ;) 

Exactly and not one of the posters have named him :t:

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Exactly and not one of the posters have named him :t:

Brady Kurtz as Number 1 ?

10 minutes ago, flagrag said:

Brady Kurtz as Number 1 ?

Might be a bit out of Brums price range? Have heard a rumour of Brums number one, but until it's announced i'll keep it hush

9 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

Might be a bit out of Brums price range? Have heard a rumour of Brums number one, but until it's announced i'll keep it hush

You should tell LR.

• Haha 1