British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

As a long-time Brummies fan, I have to admit this never-ending delay in hearing ANY news on the remaining three riders is totally frustrating. I appreciate the new management team came to the party late, in respects of putting a team together, but with only two weeks to go to P&P there MUST be some morsel of news for the long suffering fans. Whilst we are waiting on the revelation of the mystery fourth rider due to processing of his paperwork, which obviously implies he is not a British rider (so not Adam Ellis), where are we with signing the last two riders. Does LR have some firm names in the frame or is he still in discussions.

For god's sake give us some tiny scrap of news to cling to in the hope the Brummies may have a team come the start of the season, let alone a half-decent one. 

• Like 2

I’m guessing any work permits and visas will be delayed as I presume officialdom will be focusing on helping Ukrainian refugees quite rightly 

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I’m guessing any work permits and visas will be delayed as I presume officialdom will be focusing on helping Ukrainian refugees quite rightly 

Quite right...but they're not doing a very goods job of it atm according to reports.

2 hours ago, Brummie Boy said:

As a long-time Brummies fan, I have to admit this never-ending delay in hearing ANY news on the remaining three riders is totally frustrating. I appreciate the new management team came to the party late, in respects of putting a team together, but with only two weeks to go to P&P there MUST be some morsel of news for the long suffering fans. Whilst we are waiting on the revelation of the mystery fourth rider due to processing of his paperwork, which obviously implies he is not a British rider (so not Adam Ellis), where are we with signing the last two riders. Does LR have some firm names in the frame or is he still in discussions.

For god's sake give us some tiny scrap of news to cling to in the hope the Brummies may have a team come the start of the season, let alone a half-decent one. 

Could be ellis he is french after all :)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Apologies that my post came across that way...It certainly wasn't my intention... that's why I followed it up with 'my daughters first ever speedway meeting'...

Exeter holds a nostalgic place in my speedway heart.

I would never 'gloat/point score' about ANY speedway club folding/struggling....even 'Cradley' :D

I read my post back and I can see why you thought that way....sorry for any confusion/offence.

I would have let you off its if was about Cradley :D. All a matter of context and we all have bad days posting and reading things different ways on different days. Confusion doesn't take much but no offence taken

• Thanks 1

P & P is 2 weeks from tomorrow. The first match is 18 days away as has been mentioned before.

A week ago, it was announced that an un-named rider had agreed terms and it was just a matter of sorting out the paperwork. Well just how long does paperwork take? Paperwork between who exactly too? Between the club and immigration officials, or between the club and the rider? Was this just a decoy in the hope of shutting fans up for a few days? 

One thing's for sure. For a club desperate for increased sponsorship, and on attracting a higher attendance level than in recent years in order to stay afloat, let alone to prosper, this kind of smoke and mirrors game, does nothing at all to attract more sponsors or to engage with an increasingly restless fanbase. Just look at the web site - and apart from those who get a mention for giving their time to the club for free, there's only one paying advertiser. ONE. Season tickets used to be sold at the stadium on special Sunday opening times. Obviously with nobody buying season tickets any more that activity has ceased too.

It's not looking good is it?

Gonna say Danny Gapp as one of them. Total guess of course. Probs haunt Berwick on the opening night with a max

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Stuntdouble said:

Gonna say Danny Gapp as one of them. Total guess of course. Probs haunt Berwick on the opening night with a max

We've got 3 Gaps at the minute ? :D

• Haha 4

Birmingham have spoken often about building a team to reach the play-offs, so I can see the fans being very underwhelmed when the side is finalised.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stuntdouble said:

I would be shocked if Dani Gapp changed his mind and rode in UK this year

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Heedthebaw said:

I would be shocked if Dani Gapp changed his mind and rode in UK this year

Knowing speedway ,I wouldn’t .:rolleyes::P

11 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Birmingham have spoken often about building a team to reach the play-offs, so I can see the fans being very underwhelmed when the side is finalised.

They could still do it...

The Polish leagues have banned Russian riders, now the Swedish league have banned Russian riders, the Danish league will follow soon. So Artem, Gregori and Emil have to go somewhere, right? The BSPA have not yet made an announcement, and knowing how far into the sand their head is buried, who'd be surprised if they don't? So, in a world of diminishing options it could become a buyers market...Birmingham or nowhere for them. We could end up with the Birmingham Brumskis on "assumed averages" to fit them in and keep the team running "in the best interests of British Speedway" :D 

30 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

The Polish leagues have banned Russian riders, now the Swedish league have banned Russian riders, the Danish league will follow soon. So Artem, Gregori and Emil have to go somewhere, right? The BSPA have not yet made an announcement, and knowing how far into the sand their head is buried, who'd be surprised if they don't? So, in a world of diminishing options it could become a buyers market...Birmingham or nowhere for them. We could end up with the Birmingham Brumskis on "assumed averages" to fit them in and keep the team running "in the best interests of British Speedway" :D 

If only they had racing licences that were not suspended by the FIM and the ACU.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

Keep up, announced yesterday

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/miscellaneous/acu-statement-invasion-of-ukraine/

2 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Might work the other way where the riders Birmingham are interested in might be in demand in Poland and have their head turned by the big bucks of the Polish league...