British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

3 hours ago, The H Man said:

I think Birmingham fans will be happy with the news coming out of the club over the coming days. 

Most fans will be happy to be treated like intelligent adult human beings, be told honestly what's going on, and have this state of suspense lifted. 

From today's news release, it's been admitted that team building hasn't gone to plan, that riders are still to be signed and that we are at the mercy of external authorities.  Basically it doesn't give us any guarantees, just hopes and dreams of a better future. 

Still, this is speedway where a solid grasp on reality is never guaranteed. 

29 minutes ago, lewy said:

Birmingham have Adam Ellis incoming after they gazumped Plymouth who had a deal in place to sign him,gutted as a Plymouth supporter tbh:cry:

So Plymouth are short of 2 riders now then? 

Just now, The Dog said:

So Plymouth are short of 2 riders now then? 

No Ellis was lined up to replace Kennett 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lewy said:

No Ellis was lined up to replace Kennett 

Ahh cheers Lewi. Feel for Plymouth if Ellis had already agreed a deal tho 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The H Man said:

I think Birmingham fans will be happy with the news coming out of the club over the coming days.  There has been a lot of work put in by the new shareholders over the past few weeks and things on and off track are looking promising.    

Is that a hint that LR has been “let go”?

”….a lot of work put in by the new shareholders” and “….things on and off track are looking promising”

5 hours ago, The Dog said:

Ahh cheers Lewi. Feel for Plymouth if Ellis had already agreed a deal tho 

The same Plymouth team that tried to get a Birmingham signing to change his mind to ride at Plymouth when Eddie K said it wasn’t going to work out for him 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, flagrag said:

The same Plymouth team that tried to get a Birmingham signing to change his mind to ride at Plymouth when Eddie K said it wasn’t going to work out for him 

I expect that kind of stuff goes on every winter  and you can see how some clubs end up paying more than they should for riders. It's definitely a riders market nowadays.

14 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

It's definitely a riders market nowadays.

Being British Champion must have its perks. 

• Like 1

I think if Ellis is/does sign, the Championship predictions thread is going to get busy !? :D

Also, I think UK Martin is going to have a quiet day :D nothing to complain about ? (just joking pal....)

4 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

James Pearson will complete the team. After ellis

Future world champion!

You don't get a contract in Poland at 16 years of age if you don't have potential .

Edited by GiveusaB

A Danish rider at a Wednesday track seems strange to me.

• Like 3

Vissing and Ellis would make some of the haters we've had to endure on here grovel!

I'll have to look up James Pearson, is he Nigels son :o