British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

14 hours ago, speed29 said:

I like see Max Ruml be in Brummies, well his brother Dillon is in Poole Pirates. I wish Max be in British League as well, but wait and see.

There is no truth in the Ruml that Dillion is at Poole next season.

Press day tomorrow so you'd like to think all 7 would be there. Can't ever remember that not happening before 

1 hour ago, flagrag said:

Birmingham have their team it’s just waiting for them to announce it or will it just be a case of come to Leicester on Saturday to find out ?  Some of these issues have been caused by a rider having their arm twisted to ride for Birmingham as No1 then trying to back track saying if you can get anyone else I will drop out as they are not fussed about starting in  Championship in 2022

Who is the rider "having their arm twisted" ?

3 hours ago, The Dog said:

Press day tomorrow so you'd like to think all 7 would be there. Can't ever remember that not happening before 

I think Coventry had a press and practice in the early 90's with only half a team signed. 

2 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Thomas Jorgensen maybe

I would doubt it unless it's a short term deal. He'll be riding for Brovst in Denmark on Wednesdays. 

2 hours ago, Osirian08 said:

Who is the rider "having their arm twisted" ?

Ellis? Guaranteed

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Ellis? Guaranteed

Reading between the lines I would say it has to be Adam Ellis.

• Like 2

If rumours from reliable sources are correct we won't be allowed to sign riders who will miss more matches than they ride in and who would miss the majority of home matches and significant numbers away. 

As a Brummies fan that's worrying and frustrating but if the BSPL are blocking moves to protect us and all other Clubs, I actually understand that because a club that would be reliant on guests more often than not cannot be good for us or the sport. 

Injuries facilitating guests are down to bad luck and can be justified. Absences due to prior commitments I believe are a different matter. 

Hopefully the issues can be resolved for both the Brummies and the BSPL. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HGould said:

If rumours from reliable sources are correct we won't be allowed to sign riders who will miss more matches than they ride in and who would miss the majority of home matches and significant numbers away. 

As a Brummies fan that's worrying and frustrating but if the BSPL are blocking moves to protect us and all other Clubs, I actually understand that because a club that would be reliant on guests more often than not cannot be good for us or the sport. 

Injuries facilitating guests are down to bad luck and can be justified. Absences due to prior commitments I believe are a different matter. 

If true, I'm not sure how blocking riders for a team place just because they can't fulfil all the matches protects a club like Birmingham who could potentially go into their first meeting on Saturday with only 6 signed riders...? 

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

If true, I'm not sure how blocking riders for a team place just because they can't fulfil all the matches protects a club like Birmingham who could potentially go into their first meeting on Saturday with only 6 signed riders...? 

Fast forward to Saturday. Three riders come to the tapes for heat 1 at Leicester. The two minute buzzer is sounded for the rider in white. Brum will finally have to finally crack and announce their number one.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HGould said:

It’s not just Danish riders that Birmingham are having a problem signing due to fixture clashes. They had another rider lined up to return to the UK for them but the deal was stopped by authorities  due to him missing a number of weekend away fixtures due to meetings abroad.

9 hours ago, flagrag said:

It’s not just Danish riders that Birmingham are having a problem signing due to fixture clashes. They had another rider lined up to return to the UK for them but the deal was stopped by authorities  due to him missing a number of weekend away fixtures due to meetings abroad.

Name names….

• Like 1

9 hours ago, flagrag said:

This stance by the BSPL seems very harsh on Birmingham if true, given that they had a takeover to sort out before they could even think about signing riders. And when did this ruling appear and come into force? It would have made sense years ago but not when there's an obvious shortage of riders like there is at the minute 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Dog said:

there's an obvious shortage of riders like there is at the minute

Tell that to all the fantasists on the other threads talking about reopening Bradford, Eastbourne, Swindon, Reading, Coventry etc etc

On the other hand, do we want to compound the shortage of riders with an influx of non-riders?  Riders who appear on paper but not in the flesh? It may be hard on Birmingham, but if that stance taken by the BSPZzz is correct then it's the right thing for the sport.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, The Dog said:

..and be fined for fielding an under strength team..?

• Like 1