British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

4 hours ago, kitten2502 said:

You mean to say Adam didn’t tell Dickie Head in person?

And there’s me gonna add a little titbit to the thread. Oh well I’m outta here 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

I would speculate £1,500 per meeting with no obligation to do heat 15.

Don’t think he’ll take a pay cut ,rumour last season 2 k a meeting at Scunny

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Historian said:

Shanes was wearing  no.2 at PB this afternoon.

That won't work!

4 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Might've been tempted run Claus and auty at 1 and 2 at home. Morris and Shanes can look after themselves there and gives a strong pairing with no pressure on the top 2 after time out from sport. Not b'ham fan just an observation

Auty at 2 doesn't work, he can't gate.  Same as Shanes by the time the track is how they like it their programmed rides are over.

Morris & Shanes don't work together either, if they're chasing after a lap & a half Shanes is behind Morris but quicker.  Then they just get on each others way.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Don’t think he’ll take a pay cut ,rumour last season 2 k a meeting at Scunny

He was on nowhere hear that. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

He was on nowhere hear that. 

And its nobody's business apart from Adams. Birmingham fans should be thankful they have had someone come in and keep them running let alone have the British Champion in the team. You have a new promotion putting money in, a new track, a new airfence, the British Champion and an exciting prospect to watch and some people are moaning about which race jacket riders wore for photos! Unbelievable. 

• Like 6

I couldn't make P/P yesterday.....just wondering how Pearson got on and what was the track like ???

6 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I couldn't make P/P yesterday.....just wondering how Pearson got on and what was the track like ???

Track looked very good , not over watered & no dust on a very sunny day.

As for young James he looked very good off course the test comes when he is racing 3 other riders & if he can get out of the gate.

I was quite impressed .

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Track was smooth. Did not see Pearson put in many laps, little 15yr Freddie Hodder was far more impresive , but its early days yet.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Historian said:

Track was smooth. Did not see Pearson put in many laps, little 15yr Freddie Hodder was far more impresive , but its early days yet.

Hodder must have made huge strides since i last saw him if he warrants two mentions by you and to be far more impressive than one of Aussies highest regarded youngsters i look forward to big things this season.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, uk_martin said:

There used to be a rule, not sure if it still exists, that says that you can't have a "proper" guest (& have to use a NL guest) for a rider who's not ridden for the team yet. Birmingham came a cropper in 2007 under this rule when they couldn't have anything more than a NL guest for Emiliano Sanchez in the opening fixture, after he picked up an injury that prevented him from making his debut.  If this is the rule being enforced, then Ellis riding for the Brummies in the NL doesn't count for the purposes of appearing in the CL.

That was the case as Redcar had to use a NL guest for E Riss who signed mid season with pre arranged meetings.

A new rule was put in place for a guest up to 75% of the averaged rider he is replacing. This is the ruling Poole & Glasgow used last year.

Personally, I'm not bothered about us having a guest for Ellis, but not allowing it, doesn't just penalise the team, it also robs the paying spectator of value for money regarding entertainment value....no disrespect intended towards Ben.

59 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Personally, I'm not bothered about us having a guest for Ellis, but not allowing it, doesn't just penalise the team, it also robs the paying spectator of value for money regarding entertainment value....no disrespect intended towards Ben.

The main problem is the spectator might just keep his money in his pocket.

8 hours ago, Historian said:

Track had hardly any dirt on it, very slick, whether that changes before the first home meeting who knows

• Confused 1