British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

Redcar got their revenge in the league visit, insisting on every morsel of dirt being removed from the track, delaying the meeting by and hour and taking home the points.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I think you would benefit from a bit of counselling my friend.

Ha

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Col said:

Redcar got their revenge in the league visit, insisting on every morsel of dirt being removed from the track, delaying the meeting by and hour and taking home the points.

I was there and the home fans were very hostile, the track was unridable it wasn't revenge the safety of the riders is paramount and even the home team had reservations. The track had already ended the career of one Redcar rider, how many would be enough for you?

• Like 1

I don't want any riders career ended prematurely.  The track that night looked much better than it had for some meetings, the Leicester visit springs to mind. 

58 minutes ago, Berry9 said:

I was there and the home fans were very hostile, the track was unridable it wasn't revenge the safety of the riders is paramount and even the home team had reservations. The track had already ended the career of one Redcar rider, how many would be enough for you?

For god's sake, move on already... the Redcar saga from last year is over give it a rest

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Berry9 said:

Hostile:rofl: seeing as most of them are OAP's i bet you were all quaking with fear:rofl: 

• Haha 3

Had a positive conversation with one of the new promoters this evening about redeeming unused 10 match season tickets.

9 hours ago, Brummiestormer said:

Hostile:rofl: seeing as most of them are OAP's i bet you were all quaking with fear:rofl: 

Beware!  Dads Army have got a whole platoon stationed on the first bend. Mess with them at your peril :party:

35 minutes ago, SpeedwayTShirts said:

Any weather updates for tonight Brummies?

Is that weather ellis or vissing turn up or auty has some machinery to attend!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SpeedwayTShirts said:

Any weather updates for tonight Brummies?

Scorching hot....plenty of water needed on the track !

Edited by GiveusaB

I've been of the impression for several years that Auty rolls over his equipment from season to season without getting new bikes/gear.

Judging by this season's photos of his equipment it seems that he is still using old gear. 

The bloke just clearly doesn't give two hoots about the sport and being professional and I'm surprised that it's taken this long for people to notice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave_minall said:

I've been of the impression for several years that Auty rolls over his equipment from season to season without getting new bikes/gear.

Judging by this season's photos of his equipment it seems that he is still using old gear. 

The bloke just clearly doesn't give two hoots about the sport and being professional and I'm surprised that it's taken this long for people to notice.

In 2019 I saw him wheel 2 filthy bikes in to the Pits at a meeting after he'd ridden the night before. Doesn't take 30 mins at at last get the hose out and make an effort.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt though as in a recent Speedway Star article he did conform that he had gone through a very acrimonious separation and divorce that will have impacted on that period and possibly his ability to invest too much in new gear. 

Sometimes things go on that we don't know about and there are 2 sides to every story and every image.

I'd love nothing more than for him to get competitive and bang in a solid 7 point average season.

1 minute ago, HGould said:

In 2019 I saw him wheel 2 filthy bikes in to the Pits at a meeting after he'd ridden the night before. Doesn't take 30 mins at at last get the hose out and make an effort.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt though as in a recent Speedway Star article he did conform that he had gone through a very acrimonious separation and divorce that will have impacted on that period and possibly his ability to invest too much in new gear. 

Sometimes things go on that we don't know about and there are 2 sides to every story and every image.

I'd love nothing more than for him to get competitive and bang in a solid 7 point average season.

Whilst I agree we don't know the whole picture and yes some element of discrepancy can be forgiven, but like I said I've been paying keen attention to his gear for literally years and there doesn't seem to be any new gear being used.