British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

5 minutes ago, HGould said:

In 2019 I saw him wheel 2 filthy bikes in to the Pits at a meeting after he'd ridden the night before. Doesn't take 30 mins at at last get the hose out and make an effort.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt though as in a recent Speedway Star article he did conform that he had gone through a very acrimonious separation and divorce that will have impacted on that period and possibly his ability to invest too much in new gear. 

Sometimes things go on that we don't know about and there are 2 sides to every story and every image.

I'd love nothing more than for him to get competitive and bang in a solid 7 point average season.

A divorce? say no more....he wont have any cash left!

Anyone playing guess the attendance tonight needs to add me as a plus one. I bought a ticket online, however I can't be there as I've been asked to cover at work. And it's to late to find a guest replacement.

1 minute ago, Pirio Barre said:

Anyone playing guess the attendance tonight needs to add me as a plus one. I bought a ticket online, however I can't be there as I've been asked to cover at work. And it's to late to find a guest replacement.

It's been postponed

• Like 1

So it has :rolleyes: need to read all the recent post before posting myself  :D Well at least the club will get £18.00 out of £19:05 i paid. 

Edited by Pirio Barre

I have just been looking at the Brummies website. They are advertising meals in the restaurant during meetings. Big snag is that if the meeting is cancelled after 2pm on the day of the meeting then you cannot transfer your booking to another date or get a refund. I went off the idea very quickly upon reading that!

12 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

I have just been looking at the Brummies website. They are advertising meals in the restaurant during meetings. Big snag is that if the meeting is cancelled after 2pm on the day of the meeting then you cannot transfer your booking to another date or get a refund. I went off the idea very quickly upon reading that!

That seems a bit of  nonsense.Certainly won’t help business.

1 hour ago, Dave_minall said:

Whilst I agree we don't know the whole picture and yes some element of discrepancy can be forgiven, but like I said I've been paying keen attention to his gear for literally years and there doesn't seem to be any new gear being used.

To be fair to Auty though I've noticed he's had the same colour scheme for the past few years also but he's probably not on brilliant money so if his bike covers etc are in decent condition then surely you'd spend on more important things like the bikes? Although I've no idea if he's using the same engines as in season's gone by but you often read of riders digging old engines out the workshop and riding them again and scoring points so I wouldn't hold that against Auty entirely. 

I know in the speedway star he's had personal problems now I don't know if he's started the season and realized that his head isn't in speedway anymore I'm just guessing but it's not a sport where you want to be going in to it half hearted because you then become a danger to yourself and the other riders.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dave_minall said:

Whilst I agree we don't know the whole picture and yes some element of discrepancy can be forgiven, but like I said I've been paying keen attention to his gear for literally years and there doesn't seem to be any new gear being used.

Don't knock him, he could be ahead of the game given the impending cost of living crisis. 

Pat him on the back now!

If Auty is using old machinery at the moment , i doubt he is the only one! 

I do agree though that he has probably lost the bug for the sport. A year off through covid as well as a seperation / divorce will hit some hard for sure. 

Auty's interviews on club website have seemed positive, so one can only assume that he's going to give it his all.

One ingredient ALL speedway riders have is 'guts' and I don't think Auty will walk away  easily.

Face value an all that!

Brummies fans will get behind him ! (may be with the exception of  UK Martin :D ..... just teasing)

22 hours ago, Pirio Barre said:

So it has :rolleyes: need to read all the recent post before posting myself  :D Well at least the club will get £18.00 out of £19:05 i paid. 

all bookings have been refunded

It's a complete waste of money renewing equipment every year, it's a trend thing and nothing to do with performance.  Covers, fair enough if your sponsors have changed massively due to moving to a new area of the country.  Josh has always had the same colour scheme, lots of riders do eg NKI, Nicki P.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Speedway fan said:

all bookings have been refunded

Yes got the email (albeit could be up to ten days) it was good to get such a quick responce. Althought I was happy to let the club keep the money and then use the ticket for the restaging of the Coventry meeting or maybe another meeting later in season, kinda like back in the day with old raffle tickets they handed out on entry :D

Edited by Pirio Barre