British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

6 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Auty's interviews on club website have seemed positive, so one can only assume that he's going to give it his all.

One ingredient ALL speedway riders have is 'guts' and I don't think Auty will walk away  easily.

Face value an all that!

Brummies fans will get behind him ! (may be with the exception of  UK Martin :D ..... just teasing)

I doubt he will say "I've lost interest in the sport," or "I don't love the sport like I used to," or something similar.  He's got to appear positive, otherwise the fans would certainly get 'on his back.'

7 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Auty's interviews on club website have seemed positive, so one can only assume that he's going to give it his all.

One ingredient ALL speedway riders have is 'guts' and I don't think Auty will walk away  easily.

Face value an all that!

Brummies fans will get behind him ! (may be with the exception of  UK Martin :D ..... just teasing)

The fans might get behind him but most of the riders will be in front of him unfortunately.

• Haha 3

I think Brummie fans might need to lower their expectations of Auty, his 7 point average is inflated by his exceptional Scunny form, realistically he's a 6point man. Don't forget when Scunny got rid of him last season he was a bit down on speed and its hard to test equipment in practice. In all the time he rode for Scunny there was never any lack of effort or entertainment from him.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, eric i said:

I think Brummie fans might need to lower their expectations of Auty, his 7 point average is inflated by his exceptional Scunny form, realistically he's a 6point man. Don't forget when Scunny got rid of him last season he was a bit down on speed and its hard to test equipment in practice. In all the time he rode for Scunny there was never any lack of effort or entertainment from him.

Auty is like the modern day Adam Alott fantastic at Sheffield, Scunthorpe and not so good at most other places.

Less said about the Berwick performance the better....

Hoping Auty can get an engine that goes forward in time for Wednesday.

Main website states that new-owners are hoping for a big response from fans...well as a fan, I'd like to flip that statement and say that the fans are hoping for a big and far better response from the team/riders!

Edited by GiveusaB

39 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Less said about the Berwick performance the better....

Hoping Auty can get an engine that goes forward in time for Wednesday.

Main website states that new-owners are hoping for a big response from fans...well as a fan, I'd like to flip that statement and say that the fans are hoping for a big and far better response from the team/riders!

Auty has lived on his home form for Scunthorpe for a few years now.Not looking good for Brummies with him.

Edited by Fromafar

15 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Auty has lived on his home form for Scunthorpe for a few years now.Not looking good for Brummies with him.

Hoping its just the equipment and that he can get it sorted.....early days.

22 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Hoping its just the equipment and that he can get it sorted.....early days.

Very early days and as you say new mach8nery. Couple that with him riding just a handful of meets at the start of last year and the covid season he is going to be very rusty.

As long as the riders get dialled in at perry barr you cant ask for more

Well, looking at the weather forecast, I think that Josh is going to get another week to sort his equipment out!

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Well, looking at the weather forecast, I think that Josh is going to get another week to sort his equipment out!

depends which forecast you look at!  few showers in morning ( saves John watering) then dry from 2 with a possible shower after 9/10 . 

Negative postings don't help with weather !!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Speedway fan said:

depends which forecast you look at!  few showers in morning ( saves John watering) then dry from 2 with a possible shower after 9/10 . 

Negative postings don't help with weather !!

Ok! I wont mention the weather again :t: 

I was looking at it from a positive angle though.....Auty getting another week to sort a competitive machine out.....

For the record, I looked at the usual reliable Met Office. I think most keen speedway fans look at the forecast first thing on a Monday regardless of whether I/someone else posts their findings.

As for the fixture? a poor display at Leicester (making this a dead rubber) will have done more to the attendance record than the weather forecast IMO.

I do hope I'm wrong of course :t:

Edited by GiveusaB

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Ok! I wont mention the weather again :t: 

I was looking at it from a positive angle though.....Auty getting another week to sort a competitive machine out.....

For the record, I looked at the usual reliable Met Office. I think most keen speedway fans look at the forecast first thing on a Monday regardless of whether I/someone else posts their findings.

As for the fixture? a poor display at Leicester (making this a dead rubber) will have done more to the attendance record than the weather forecast IMO.

I do hope I'm wrong of course :t:

To give it a positive spin it can be classed as a challenge match where the home riders are out against good visiting opposition to get dialled in to the track with no pressure of league points on there back!

Cant really see a massive attendance to be fair, Brummies fans know the tie is gone and Leicester fans know they have the tie in the bag, I get the feeling about 200/300 maximum attendence

53 minutes ago, Gerbat1875 said:

Cant really see a massive attendance to be fair, Brummies fans know the tie is gone and Leicester fans know they have the tie in the bag, I get the feeling about 200/300 maximum attendence

I doubt very much that any Championship club could survive on crowds like that long term.

By heck the dismal jimmies are at it again, dead rubber or not fans will turn out to see if we can beat a top club with an attractive team and to see our lads stretch their legs for the first time,  in my opinion the weather will be the biggest factor on crowed level.