British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

14 minutes ago, TTT said:

I've started an entire thread about the state of the Championship as it's 3 teams that are taking the mickey now and it's the fans who'll lose out eventually. 

I think the clubs will lose out when the fans stop going!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

He was originally going to go Plymouth to replace Eddie to do the same thing on a short contract but Birmingham offered more money to do it there. 

then Plymouth had to get Eddie to do 1 meeting. Fake an injury and use a facility. 

that’s why the sport will never have credibility 

It certainly won’t whilst the BSPL board of Directors keep making decisions which circumvent the rules.

• Like 2

Is this news true.

Looking at Adam's twitter page, he has posted his calendar for May. on the 3rd May.

Included in May are the Birmingham fixtures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

Fake an injury.. you seen Eddies arm?

It was very bad

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, spin king said:

Is this news true.

Looking at Adam's twitter page, he has posted his calendar for May. on the 3rd May.

I don't believe anything I read on here, until I see it on an official site

58 minutes ago, spin king said:

Is this news true.

What about June though?

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

What about June though?

I didn't think that Adam Ellis had a team place in Denmark?!

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

I didn't think that Adam Ellis had a team place in Denmark?!

@racers and royals knows all about the international signings.;) Maybe he would know? I thought Ellis was riding in Denmark this season, that's why I thought he wasn't in the Poole team and i was surprised when he signed for Birmingham.

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

@racers and royals knows all about the international signings.;) Maybe he would know? I thought Ellis was riding in Denmark this season, that's why I thought he wasn't in the Poole team and i was surprised when he signed for Birmingham.

Adam riding in Poland & Sweden 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Dear me. More guest bookings for Bomber then! 

He will have his own personal fixed race night rules soon...

The fixture list will have to built around him.... :D

• Haha 4

BIRMINGHAM have pulled off the signing of reigning British Champion Adam Ellis.

The 26-year-old, who won the National League with the club in 2015, has agreed to join the Curtis Sport Brummies and completes their side for the coming season.

However, due to a prior league commitment in France this weekend, Birmingham have named Ben Morley as a member of their team for Saturday's (March 26, 7pm) Knockout Cup clash at Leicester.

But after weeks of negotiations, team boss Laurence Rogers is thrilled and relieved to finally get his man.

Said Rogers: "It really is amazing news for the club.

“Adam was always on our list of potentials but we had to wait for a few things to fall into place.

“We hit a few pitfalls along the way and we’ve had to be patient with one or two things, but he’s a Brummie again and that’s all that matters.

“He’s a top quality rider at this level and to bring the British Champion to Birmingham is big, big news.”

Just a reminder of the announcement by B'ham main website when Adam was signed.

It clearly says he's joined for the 'Season'!

Management are quick to jump on here when something negative is said....

Just wondering why they're not as quick to 'quash' these rumours , unless they're true?

P.s it also states that to bring him to B'ham is big big news....well, to lose him after such a short time under false pretences would be even bigger news !

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 5

Just asking - where has this rumour come from?

...and does Jonny the Spud have any comment?

If it's true then Birmingham are basically sunk for this season you would assume.  Hopefully we will hear some kind of official comment on this soon 

Poor form really and shows the clumsiness of a new promotion being guided by you know who. Signing clearly made to get to the tapes for the first few meetings, season tickets and any other advance tickets all sold under false pretences. My thoughts go to all fans who are trying to support a club and are being fed the smelly brown stuff repeatedly. As ive said on other threads the paying public aren't completely stupid, an honest and open announcement from clubs at various stages goes a long way. Instead Brum have served up the signing of the British Champion for the upcoming season.....poor form.

• Like 2