British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

Birmingham management = Nonsensical

Edited by Turnip

Ellis isn't to blame by the way.

He informed the promotion about how he could only do a certain amount of meeting like the ITK's said a few days ago.

All down to Rodgers lying in a successful penny pinching attempt.

• Like 6

Reading that statement was like listening to Sam Ermolenko!

Fair play to Ellis if he's been up front with the club... it's a shame Ellis & the club couldn't be up front with the fans. Ellis has form doing this, missing a match at Leicester last season, with Scunthorpe initially claiming he was injured until it became apparent he was riding elsewhere.

I wonder what this was all about then?

BRITISH Champion Adam Ellis is urging the people of Birmingham to turn out in force and make the sport a big success at Perry Barr – starting tonight (7.30).

Wonder-boy Ellis, who won his maiden national title on a thrilling night in Manchester last August, rejoined the club last week to bolster their top end strength.

And the club have confirmed he will be in the side to face a Coventry Bees side as the club’s new owners host their first home meeting after a protracted takeover.

Said Ellis: “I was delighted when Birmingham were saved because it’s such a good place with great people it would have been a massive blow for the sport to lose them.

“I hope the fans turn out and support the club and support the people who have kept them on track, I’m pleased to be a part of it.”

Ellis added: “It’s been a bit frantic getting everything ready because of the way things developed over the last few days but I’m looking forward to getting started.

“I travelled to press day not sure if I would be allowed to have my picture taken or give any interviews because there was a stumbling block over the move, something I didn’t quite understand but it got sorted thankfully!

“I’m now looking forward to getting going again, I know the club well and I hope to score loads of points.”

Edited by iainb
  • Confused 1

Really poor that it wasn't made clear at the time that Ellis was likely to only be a temporary signing, I feel sorry for anyone who bought a season ticket after it was announced. 

No club in the sport is really in a position where they can afford to lose fans with moves like this, even more so one like Birmingham who have clearly struggled in recent times. It's not difficult to understand that you have to be honest, this should have been in the original press release and I'm sure people would have understood. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

So who will be no1 now? 

Adam wasn't No 1 - for what it's worth Claus is..........

4 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Trying to think of something positive to come from all of this ?

errrrrrr......the weather forecast looks OK for Wednesday ? :D

Not the forecast I've seen........

44 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

That should've been made clear to the fans at the start of the season. Pretty poor imo

Absolutely correct - no excuses "pulling the wool" is downright wrong/unforgivable........

• Like 1

Did Birmingham ever get that mysterious 5th committee member?

We’re stuck with Vissing at number one. Never poor management. Won’t be getting the turn outs now..

should of signed someone big for the fans 

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

BRUMMIES MOVE FOR ELLIS

THURSDAY, MARCH 24, 2022

BIRMINGHAM have pulled off the signing of reigning British Champion Adam Ellis.

The 26-year-old, who won the National League with the club in 2015 and had a further spell at Perry Barr four years later has agreed to join the Brummies and completes their side for the coming season.

The above is the statement release back in March when news of Ellis' signing was made. It clearly states "coming season" and nothing about being short term.

Someone is being economical with the truth and you must wonder how many season tickets were purchased thing the current British Champion would be racing at Perry Barr every Wednesday?

No wonder attendances are falling at numerous tracks

"The coming season" in this case refers to Easter. It does not mean the speedway season.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Did Birmingham ever get that mysterious 5th committee member?

Maybe he/she is still checking his/her fixture list... but don't worry, there are plenty of irons in the fire, even though getting the 4 partners together was the hardest winter's work ever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Probably why Poole didn't touch him 

7 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

No club in the sport is really in a position where they can afford to lose fans with moves like this, even more so one like Birmingham who have clearly struggled in recent times. It's not difficult to understand that you have to be honest, this should have been in the original press release and I'm sure people would have understood. 

Totally agree.

King's Lynn announced originally that NKI was only signed on a short term contract while Peter Kildeman was regaining fitness and although his stay has been extended I'm sure Stars' fan appreciated the honesty.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

"The coming season" in this case refers to Easter. It does not mean the speedway season.

Flip that means any manager or promoter saying "they're needing a number 1" could be exactly that :D

The foreseeable future parts amusing. Whenever Sweden/ Denmark/ Poland/ Latvia/ France finish is he coming back? 

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

The foreseeable future parts amusing. Whenever Sweden/ Denmark/ Poland/ Latvia/ France finish is he coming back? 

Should be available for the playoffs. For Plymouth, though.

• Haha 2

Birmingham management shud av a chat with Travelodge round the corner from the stadium to encourage away fans instead of admission reduction......

If I want to stay on May 25tb vs Poole it's now £89.99, gone up from £60 when the original meeting was pp. Sod that!

P.s stayed in the cheap Park Hotel years ago......nah I'd rather walk through Witton at midnight! :nono:

Edited by Turnip
  • Haha 1