British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

This brings to mind the Peter Ljung situation at Leicester a few years ago (2014?) when the promotion at the time had taken the club into the top tier and struggled to sign riders. All kinds of smoke and mirrors went on to distract supporters from what transpired was only a short term deal. I think the same probably applied with Mikkel Mikkelsen. If you still trusted David Hemsley by then, only complete fools continued to, afterwards 

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Have heard that Harris has been enquiring what Ellis’s average was.!!

He’s too late considering Sedgmen now in as his replacement! :shock:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

He’s too late considering Sedgmen now in as his replacement! :shock:

Yip,just checking though.

I feel very let down having always tried to back Birmingham Promotions past and present. 

If they'd just have fronted up and said, Adam is on a rolling Contract that will be reviewed. 

I feel bitter that the Mansgement Committee are clearly complicit in this to protect Sheffield sadly no surprise there from Mr Bates. 

I think we're worse affected than Newcastle whose Promoter has been more up front about expectations and Plymouth who at least still have 3 heat leaders plus before injury Gilkes. 

I never thought I'd say this but it will be occasional trips to various tracks for me now and I want be busting a gut to get to Perry Barr every week. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Cue the Dad's Army theme tune......

Who do you think you are kidding Mr Tolley :nono:

13 minutes ago, Big Al said:

This brings to mind the Peter Ljung situation at Leicester a few years ago (2014?) when the promotion at the time had taken the club into the top tier and struggled to sign riders. All kinds of smoke and mirrors went on to distract supporters from what transpired was only a short term deal. I think the same probably applied with Mikkel Mikkelsen. If you still trusted David Hemsley by then, only complete fools continued to, afterwards 

How Hemsley as the nerve to still show his face at Leicester nearly every week is beyond me.

Maybe it's just to show off his trophy lady friend that he brings with him.

An absolute disgrace from the Brum promotion if they knew Ellis wasn’t doing a full season. Feel for people who bought season tickets after he had signed.

• Like 3

This issue has been brought to a head by the Oxford away fixture on an off-racenight ie Tuesday as it clashes with Adam's Swedish League commitments. As the press release states if Adam had simply missed the Oxford fixture on Tuesday he would have been banned for a period (28 days?) affecting both Brummies and Sheffield with no facility available to the club  Not sure if this fixture was in the original fixture lists but it would have happened at some point (early June?) with Plymouth - being a regular Tuesday track.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Turnip said:

How Hemsley as the nerve to still show his face at Leicester nearly every week is beyond me.

Maybe it's just to show off his trophy lady friend that he brings with him.

Think you've answered your question pretty well there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turnip said:

Did Birmingham ever get that mysterious 5th committee member?

Yes....think his name was the 'cinder swindler' ! :D

1 hour ago, Hamish McRaker said:

"The coming season" in this case refers to Easter. It does not mean the speedway season.

Whole new meaning on the word 'Lent' ?!

• Haha 1

Will people stop posting negative post on here about the Brummies we need positive post. The consortium have a put a lot of there hard earned money into Birmingham to keep us on track and have and still are working tirelessly to make it a success. We have had setback after setback to start this season but will keep battling on. They are coming up with some great initiatives to try to get people through the gates. We need positive post please 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Turnip said:

Birmingham management shud av a chat with Travelodge round the corner from the stadium to encourage away fans instead of admission reduction......

If I want to stay on May 25tb vs Poole it's now £89.99, gone up from £60 when the original meeting was pp. Sod that!

P.s stayed in the cheap Park Hotel years ago......nah I'd rather walk through Witton at midnight! :nono:

I wouldnt walk through Witton in daylight....let alone midnight!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Yes....think his name was the 'cinder swindler' ! :D

Oh reet, ere's me thinkin it was Limpy Lionel the ticket tout!.......or does he deal with the away supporters?! :rofl:

Edited by Turnip

Looking forward to Speedway Fan and Wow68 to come on here and try and defend this utter garbage coming out of PB?

Wow68....message to you....you had the cheek to slate me two weeks ago after I criticised management tactics v Scunthorpe....hope to read your thoughts about current situation ?