British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

like tramps picking up fag butts to pull a team together.

whose to blame? the tramps or society for turning their back on them?

don't worry if you don't get the analogy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, enotian said:

like tramps picking up fag butts to pull a team together.

whose to blame? the tramps or society for turning their back on them?

don't worry if you don't get the analogy.

The comparison I keep making in my head is Plymouth in 2020/21. Seemed to be honest with the fans, had to scrape team together at last minute but kept the fans on side. Reaping benefit now

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

The comparison I keep making in my head is Plymouth in 2020/21. Seemed to be honest with the fans, had to scrape team together at last minute but kept the fans on side. Reaping benefit now

Absolutely :t:

If I was a Brummies fan, the bit in that club statement about not wanting to get on the wrong side of Adam Ellis (because yer never know, he might return or even come back as a guest) would have been the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Not because I'd hold any grudge against Ellis, but because I'd feel like I'd had sand kicked in ma face.

7 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Looking forward to Speedway Fan and Wow68 to come on here and try and defend this utter garbage coming out of PB?

Wow68....message to you....you had the cheek to slate me two weeks ago after I criticised management tactics v Scunthorpe....hope to read your thoughts about current situation ?

I have not commented as I do not have anything to say - it’s simple - if you don’t have a positive thing to say best not say anything at all. Simple.

I was having a go at you quite simply because I didn’t agree with your comments around Young James.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wow68 said:

I have not commented as I do not have anything to say - it’s simple - if you don’t have a positive thing to say best not say anything at all. Simple.

I was having a go at you quite simply because I didn’t agree with your comments around Young James.

I didn't comment on young James? You've twisted this... my beef was the lack of tactical nouse by the so called manager!

So replace Ellis 9-10 points with Sedgman 5-6 points a meeting. Every meeting will now be very close or heavy defeat. It has been dealt with badly by the Brum promotion no doubt but the choices are use it or lose it. Get yourself a Cov board & have a cheap night out if you like speedway?

31 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I didn't comment on young James? You've twisted this... my beef was the lack of tactical nouse by the so called manager!

Ok - my misunderstanding then - that’s how it read to me. I cannot comment on the tactical side as I have never run a team.

15 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

They'll be letting home fans in for £10 before the season ends....if they get there.

They will be PAYING THEM a tenner to attend....:D

British Speedway...

If it didnt exist the way it does, you couldn't make it up enough to truly do it justice could you? :D

9 minutes ago, mikebv said:

They will be PAYING THEM a tenner to attend....:D

British Speedway...

If it didnt exist the way it does, you couldn't make it up enough to truly do it justice could you? :D

:D

I don't know if JS average would fit as a replacement for JA and if that would be within the numerous other rules affecting team building. But JS for JA and RR or guest for Adam Ellis would surely be a better option. 

Unless this was the only way to prevent Adam Ellis getting a 28 day ban for withholding his services #inthebestinterests.

Edited by Triple.H.
Typing too fast for my brain to keep up

If ellis signed a contract for the season hold him to it if he misses plymouth let him suffer the ban his fault simple ,if short term contract then management hang heads in shame for not telling fans.

2 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

If ellis signed a contract for the season hold him to it if he misses plymouth let him suffer the ban his fault simple ,if short term contract then management hang heads in shame for not telling fans.

The fact that he has no ban obviously tells us he signed a short term contract does it not

• Like 3

Think it was only a 28 day contract he signed and that’s probably the reason the BSPL took so long to ratify the signing as it was obvious it was to achieve a facility once the contract ended. 
a cynical way to treat the fans. Honestly is always the best policy. 
I remember at mildenhall when they signed Kaj laukkenan on a similar deal I asked the question at the after meeting forum to the then promoter who lied and said he was here all season. Two months later kaj left the club. 
that promoter was Laurence Rogers

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lewy said:

The fact that he has no ban obviously tells us he signed a short term contract does it not

I was talking about when they were going to plymouth !