British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

11 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

If I was a Brummies fan, the bit in that club statement about not wanting to get on the wrong side of Adam Ellis (because yer never know, he might return or even come back as a guest) would have been the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Not because I'd hold any grudge against Ellis, but because I'd feel like I'd had sand kicked in ma face.

I am not a Birmingham fan either, but yeah - this would really have wound me up big style and left me wondering what on earth the club was doing?! Seems like the short-term, underhanded signing was a very futile attempt at getting more fans through the gate - when in fact, it's probably going to leave a lasting opposite affect....

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

If ellis signed a contract for the season hold him to it if he misses plymouth let him suffer the ban his fault simple ,if short term contract then management hang heads in shame for not telling fans.

It’s pretty obvious the Ellis signed a short term contract,even the statement hints that was the case.

• Like 1

23/03/22 : BIRMINGHAM have pulled off the signing of reigning British Champion Adam Ellis... and completes their side for the coming season... we had to wait for a few things to fall into place. We hit a few pitfalls along the way and we’ve had to be patient with one or two things.

30/03/22 Ellis: It’s been a bit frantic getting everything ready because of the way things developed over the last few days but I’m looking forward to getting started. I travelled to press day not sure if I would be allowed to have my picture taken or give any interviews because there was a stumbling block over the move, something I didn’t quite understand but it got sorted thankfully!

16/05/22: The consortium were always aware that this situation was a possibility... It was always understood that, should the situation arise... Adam has always been upfront with the club regarding his commitments moving forward into the summer...

Pick the bones out of that!

Whatever happened to Josh Grajczonek?

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

Whatever happened to Josh Grajczonek?

He decided not to ride in the UK even declining to captain Sheffield when they moved up to the PL.

I think his Polish connections, both family and professionally, had a lot to do with his decision.

Probably better money to be earned there too.

• Thanks 1

You can bet that Ellis held the Brummies promotion to a high guarantee ransam for the 28days and he will do it again with another championship club 

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

You can bet that Ellis held the Brummies promotion to a high guarantee ransam for the 28days and he will do it again with another championship club 

The guy has form for this kind of stuff so why are we surprised?

OK he is a professional sportsman trying to make a living like everyone else but he shows no integrity nor loyalty.

Maybe he's going to find he's bitten the hand that feeds him once too often.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

The guy has form for this kind of stuff so why are we surprised?

OK he is a professional sportsman trying to make a living like everyone else but he shows no integrity nor loyalty.

Maybe he's going to find he's bitten the hand that feeds him once too often.

Hopefully!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

If a Club can't afford him, then a agrement can't be reached. But to say holding the club to ransam is unfair

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

There’s a lot of crap on this thread ( I even looked back to when his signing was announced and there was “oooh he’ll be on £1500 a match “ and “well apparently he was on 2k a match last year at Sunny”. It just goes to prove that the rumour mill grinds on every year with a lot of people not having a clue on the subject they’re talking about, then others repeat it just to stir shït up. 

same old same old. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, sommelier said:

If a Club can't afford him, then a agrement can't be reached. But to say holding the club to ransam is unfair

I don't hold Adam at fault here. 

He's done his deal, obviously his PL Club and Overseas Clubs were aware of that deal. 

He's undoubtedly been told not to comment on his Brummies deal by our Management. 

He's negotiated a deal with someone, it's been approved by the Club Directors and if some rumours are true Brummies outbid Plymouth. 

The fault lies elsewhere and not Adam in my opinion. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, HGould said:

I don't hold Adam at fault here. 

He's done his deal, obviously his PL Club and Overseas Clubs were aware of that deal. 

He's undoubtedly been told not to comment on his Brummies deal by our Management. 

He's negotiated a deal with someone, it's been approved by the Club Directors and if some rumours are true Brummies outbid Plymouth. 

The fault lies elsewhere and not Adam in my opinion. 

I don't think Ellis is completely blameless, he must take his share of the blame, pleading ignorance every time something like this happens or going silent is no defence. He must have known he was being "sold" to the fans as a season long signing. Quotes were being attributed to him in the media urging fans to get along and back the promotion earlier in the season... but as usual silence from Ellis... just his dad coming on here again with nothing meaningful to contribute.

To Ellis and the promotion it's a business... to the fans it's a passion and they deserve an explanation, it turns out that this rumour was true.

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

There are a lot of things not good with GB speedway @ the moment the lack of available riders being the major problem.

But please all Birmingham fans be thankful that due to your current owners you still have speedway, unlike Exeter, Somerset, Swindon, Reading, Wimbledon, Arena Essex, Stoke, Workington, Hull, Cradley, Bradford, Halifax, Weymouth, Hackney & others I've missed!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

There are a lot of things not good with GB speedway @ the moment the lack of available riders being the major problem.

But please all Birmingham fans be thankful that due to your current owners you still have speedway, unlike Exeter, Somerset, Swindon, Reading, Wimbledon, Arena Essex, Stoke, Workington, Hull, Cradley, Bradford, Halifax, Weymouth, Hackney & others I've missed!

I get that, but loyalty wears thin when the team isn't quite as attractive as you first thought or were lead to believe. 

Speedway isn't a charity and times are bloody hard for a lot of people. 

And times for the club have just been made even harder. 

• Like 5

I don't think many Bees or Cradley fans will still have a programme board to be honest, I certainly haven't I always had individual rider one's but it's a good gesture and hopefully will bring in some additional fans.  I do hope things start looking up for the Brummies asap.

5 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Problem is the current promotion/management are not doing much to save Birmingham going forward.

For one, rewarding away supporters before rewarding home supporters. That is a massive no no! 

For those 5 home championship meetings in June they should run a promotion, e.g have a package where u buy tickets for all 5 & av £25 discounted off or buy all 5 & av a reduction on the summer trophy meetings.

It's promotional madness to be doing what they are doing, maybe they're doing it because it looks like they're trying to be welcoming to away fans but in reality they know with the offer to away fans there is little risk to their pockets!

Oh, I've got about 5 or 6 Cradley & Coventry programme boards. Maybe I should stand outside the stadium & be a programme board tout!   :rofl:

Birmingham av got me Pirates next Wednesday but on a different issue the Travelodge there as gone up from £60 -£90 since I booked for the original staging. £90 to stay in Perry Barr are u kidding!! They should be avin a word with Travelodge to sort out sum kind of deal for speedway fans to stay, that would make more sense!  So I shall not be going which is a shame, plus the away fan offer isn't on, bugga! :rofl:

I now need 20 pints! :drink: :drink:

Edited by Turnip
  • Haha 1