British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

2 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Problem is the current promotion/management are not doing much to save Birmingham going forward.

For one, rewarding away supporters before rewarding home supporters. That is a massive no no! 

For those 5 home championship meetings in June they should run a promotion, e.g have a package where u buy tickets for all 5 & av £25 discounted off or buy all 5 & av a reduction on the summer trophy meetings.

It's promotional madness to be doing what they are doing, maybe they're doing it because it looks like they're trying to be welcoming to away fans but in reality they know with the offer to away fans there is little risk to their pockets!

Oh, I've got about 4 Cradley & Coventry programme boards. Maybe I should stand outside the stadium & be a programme board tout!   :rofl:

Birmingham av got me Pirates next Wednesday but on a different issue the Travelodge there as gone up from £60 -£90 since I booked for the original staging. £90 to stay in Perry Barr are u kidding!! They should be avin a word with Travelodge to sort out sum kind of deal for speedway fans to stay, that would make more sense! 

I know need 20 pints! :drink: :drink:

Part of the whole problem is there are too many Promoters don't know how to promote their product properly.

When you think of names like Charles Ochiltree, Ian Thomas, Bill Bridget, The Hoskins', Neil McFarlane to name a few they knew how to get bodies in the stadium every week and then come back for more.

Maybe all the H&S regulations about what you can't  do or must do have left the entertainment aspect stale.

There was always something going on at meetings when I was a kid and riders were allowed to become personalities good guys and villans, to the fans.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Part of the whole problem is there are too many Promoters don't know how to promote their product properly.

When you think of names like Charles Ochiltree, Ian Thomas, Bill Bridget, The Hoskins', Neil McFarlane to name a few they knew how to get bodies in the stadium every week and then come back for more.

Maybe all the H&S regulations about what you can't  do or must do have left the entertainment aspect stale.

There was always something going on at meetings when I was a kid and riders were allowed to become personalities good guys and villans, to the fans.

We had camels strollin round the track, sometimes the riders were like that :D, when the circus was in town in Long Eaton.

Somewhere there's a photo of Steve Johnston riding on the back of one of them back in the 90's.

Maybe Tony Mole only did it for the dung! (that's a oh dear kinda joke! dung bung:rofl:)

:party:

Edited by Turnip
  • Haha 1

In these difficult times where money is hard to find to even warm the house, Birmingham do this, the club will probably cease to exist beyond the end of June, the fans have been lied to about Ellis and then say Adam knew the arrangement before he left well the fans were not told this, very amateur from the club, people will not trust anything from the Perry Barr promotion ever again. Brummies should be one of the top clubs in the country based on history, location etc but are just a laughing stock, LR is an experienced speedway man and is letting the brummie fans down time and time again, poor decision making and weak signings 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Who had sedgy down for winning his 1st heat? Lol

To beat Jack Thomas and Cam Heeps... most people i would have thought :D

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Fromafar said:

It’s pretty obvious the Ellis signed a short term contract,even the statement hints that was the case.

9 hours ago, iainb said:

23/03/22 : BIRMINGHAM have pulled off the signing of reigning British Champion Adam Ellis... and completes their side for the coming season... we had to wait for a few things to fall into place. We hit a few pitfalls along the way and we’ve had to be patient with one or two things.

30/03/22 Ellis: It’s been a bit frantic getting everything ready because of the way things developed over the last few days but I’m looking forward to getting started. I travelled to press day not sure if I would be allowed to have my picture taken or give any interviews because there was a stumbling block over the move, something I didn’t quite understand but it got sorted thankfully!

16/05/22: The consortium were always aware that this situation was a possibility... It was always understood that, should the situation arise... Adam has always been upfront with the club regarding his commitments moving forward into the summer...

Pick the bones out of that!

Whatever happened to Josh Grajczonek?

9 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

You can bet that Ellis held the Brummies promotion to a high guarantee ransam for the 28days and he will do it again with another championship club 

IF he signed/confirmed around 23/3 for a 28 short term contract, how come he rode against the Scorpions on 4/5(some 6 weeks later)?

6 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

IF he signed/confirmed around 23/3 for a 28 short term contract, how come he rode against the Scorpions on 4/5(some 6 weeks later)?

6 week contract? Truth is we'll never know... anyway the King is dead, long live the King!

Promotion will be patting themselves on the back tomorrow, fair play though, great result for the Brummies tonight, let's hope they can put this latest sorry saga behind them and move on to better times. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Petecc said:

Humble pie anyone?

Why whats changed ?, except Brum have won.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Petecc said:

Humble pie anyone?

Only humble pie if the management made the change to strengthen the team... which they may well be claiming tomorrow morning

• Haha 1

Us speedway fans are a fickle bunch and I include myself in that well done Sedgmen 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mike0310 said:

Us speedway fans are a fickle bunch and I include myself in that well done Sedgmen 

Nothing fickle about it Mike, this latest episode has been all about honesty and transparency. Well done to all of the riders. 

8 minutes ago, Petecc said:

Humble pie anyone?

As I have already said no one is against the consortium putting their money where their mouths are;)Think we all know where the problem lies;)

• Like 2

So it's Birminghams fault regarding travelodge prices!!

9 minutes ago, sommelier said:

So it's Birminghams fault regarding travelodge prices!!

After the Commonwealth Games, when all the building work is finished and all the temporary workers have gone home, watch the prices at that Travelodge tumble.